ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Leak :(

Clio 182
Hello all, annoyingly my 182 has developed a nasty water leak. After noticing the driver side mat was wet I have pulled the carpet and foam up and found there is a massive puddle on the floor (driverside) and there is a lot of water under the seat too.
Ive check for any damage to seals etc and the bungs are in place on the underside. Also I removed the scuttle panel looking for blockages. Also, coolant has not droppped.
No water in boot at the mo either

Any ideas? Thanks

might be something to do with the bottom of the arch is blocked where it comes down and meets the sill if you get what i mean. try taking the arch liner off and clear the crap out.

clio 172
I have had the foot well problem as well what I did was removed the wipers then the plastic scuttle panel put your hand in the middle rite at the bottom it's a bit fiddly buut you will find a banana shaped rubber pipe that goes to near the manifold it has a flap on that gets full of s**t and blocks up i removed the pipe and cut the flap off it's a bit of a cow to do but it cured the problem on mine

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
might be something to do with the bottom of the arch is blocked where it comes down and meets the sill if you get what i mean. try taking the arch liner off and clear the crap out.

iirc there's a guide in the guide section explaining how to sort this out.

Clio 182
thanks guys. ok ill have a look now for that guide. its horrendous at the moment. its all turnt to ice and the floormat has frozen in the position i folded it back lol :(
is that pipe in the engine bay or in the scuttle panel area?

thanks