ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Watchin VCD's????

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
hey, just download a film off limewire, i have a dvd player that plays vcd and svcd so my mate said i can copy the files onto a cdrw and watch it on my dvd player.

So on my laptop i only have a cd-writer not a dvd writer so i copied to avi file straight onto a blank cd but when i put it in the dvd player nothing happens??

Am i doing something wrong?

your help and comments will be much appreciated

Thanks

172 Cup
Copying an Avi onto a CD doesn't magically transform it into a VCD. You can however convert it into VCD/SVCD format and then burn it onto CD.

There's loads of software that will do it such as Nero or if you want to do some research then look at - http://www.videohelp.com/sefy/?id=divx2vcd.html

In this guide, I will attempt to make it as easy as possible to explain how to create a VideoCD of your AVI (DivX / XviD) movie

Last edited:
  172 Cup
Google "convert avi to vcd" and you'll see sh*t loads of stuff about it. Or use Nero as I suggested.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Alternatively buy a dvd plaer which supports divx format for like £30 and then watch the (much better quality) avi off that. No conversion necessary.

172 Cup
I was going to suggest a Divx player but as he's only got a cd burner and hasn't upgraded to a dvd burner I assumed money was tight and buying new hardware wasn't an option.

Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
thanks guys, moneys not tight i just am! lol
no my laptop is 3years old and didnt come with a dvd burner just a cd writer.

Do you recommend any dvd players with a hardrive that play divx movies?