ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washing after driving in grit?

monaco 172
Do you guys take any extra precautions in the winter after driving in gritted roads?

I was at working the other day and the trailer the caretakers use for getting grit around the site is basically rotting to pieces and made me realise how bad the stuff is on our cars.

I've seen on YouTube some guys putting a sprinkler under the car and driving over it a few times.

Is this wise? Or just over the top?

My car is in no way In mint condition but I'm a believer in prevention is cheaper than the cure with these things.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Find someone with a pressure washer and one of these.
KAR26427390.jpg

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Do as normal tbh. Rinse it with cold water maybe first.

Have heard hot/warm water is the worst thing you can put on salt as it bonds it on.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Get an Evo and underseal is used to hide issues that weren’t dealt with in the first place!

Mitsubishi floor-pans are a proverbial cheese board for rust.

One day (in the distant future) I'll have to decide whether to fix or break for parts.

Seems the way.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
One day (in the distant future) I'll have to decide whether to fix or break for parts.

Seems the way.
I don't envy your decision mate.

If I followed the 'fix' path - I think I'd go the whole hog and strip it back to the metal. Spend several months (years?) getting it exactly right.