ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

washers not working, motors are fine???

White Evo V
Since I got my car the washer jets on the front just tricled out and never were powerfull enough to clear the windscreen so today I set about sorting it. I took the scuttle panel off and took both motors out and connected them to the battery and both worked fine. Plugged them both back in and just one worked - the one closest to the wing on the side off the filler bottle. So i thought it must be because it needed both motors to make it more powerfull and one didnt work so I thought it must of been faulty wiring and decided to connect both lives and earths on the working motor to the live and earth on the non working motor - this was before I found out the non working motor was for the headlight washers. Ooops! Now non of the motors work and the climate control doesnt work but no fuses have blown.

Could this be a relay???? if so which relays are for the windscreen washers and climate control panel?? Thanks

White Evo V
no now the motors are not working at all, along with the climate control, auto lights, auto wipers. these must all be on a relay surely but which ones are they? I checked for a blockage 1st and all the pipes were free but the water on the front was still just dripping out of the washers. And both motors are fine ive tested them.

320d
Sounds like an electrical problem with the climate etc going wrong aswell. My washers went a bit wrong when the liquid froze, the motor wasnt working. I just turned the car off and back on again and it was fixed. Winner.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
no now the motors are not working at all, along with the climate control, auto lights, auto wipers. these must all be on a relay surely but which ones are they? I checked for a blockage 1st and all the pipes were free but the water on the front was still just dripping out of the washers. And both motors are fine ive tested them.

My washers block regularly due to dirt in the noozle. Try a pin to clear the noozles and/or get airlines down the pipes to blow it all out.

Climate control is probably heater resistor, try doing a search.

Are the lights set to auto? Think you turn them on and off twice to set.

CLIO172, BMW3, 3061.
very similar problem. Just a trickle out of my headlamps. But my other systems are ok. Im thinking the pump?

White Evo V
I have now found a fuse had actually gone so i have replaced it. everything is now workig as normal except the washer motrs dont work at all now, not even a noise? and they were both working earlier as i tested them on the battery. could there be a problem with the wiring to the pumps??