ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washer motors

A few weeks ago, my windscreen washers decided to stop working. At first, I thought it was because I hadn't filled them up but that wasn't the case.

After putting up a thread on here, people said it's probably the washer motor. So I pulled the scuttle panel off and removed the washer motor.

I took my car to Citroen this morning (as I know them when I had my Saxo) and asked them to see what the problem was as I thought it was more of an electrical/wiring fault than the actual motor itself.

Anyway, £35 later they had told me that "both" washer motors are defective. Firstly, I didn't know there were two!!! Apparently, there's one that controls the washers for the headlights and another that controls the front and rear windscreens.

When I first spoke to Citroen, they said that one of the two motors had packed up and the one I had removed was the one that was working (i.e. headlight washers).

So my question is...

1. Are there two washer motors?

I'm going to pop to Renault tomorrow to see what they say because I find it very odd that "both" motors have decided to stop working.

Oh. I never knew or even saw that.

Anyway, I've been to Renault today and they have confirmed that there are two motors. I told them I don't even want the headlight ones to work as I'll probably just cap them off. So I bought a new motor and that cost me around £35!!! :rolleyes: I then went to my local parts company and asked how much the same part was there and they said £14. Erhhh. So I'm going to go back on Monday and see if it's the right one (as they've had to order it in). If so, then I'll be taking the other back to Renault.

Oh this bladdy effort for some water on front and rear windscreens :(

I give up. Tried to fit the new motor over the weekend. Just too damn fiddly, especially if the scuttle panel remains intact.

I've just spoke to Rentech. Booked in for Friday morning :)

Btw, who knows which motor relates to which washer?

There's one on the front of the water bottle... Is that for the front/rear windscreen washers?

There's one on the side of the water bottle... Is that for the headlight washers?

SORTED!

My MOT ran out on Tuesday and as the washer jets were faulty, there wasn't any point in putting the car through the MOT until they were fixed.

So I headed down to Mike and Dave at Rentech this morning. Met my mate down there too.

The long and short of it is that one of the motors had packed up. When I took the car to Citroen last Friday, they had messed about with the wiring so the windscreen washer motor was connected up to the headlight wiring and the headlight washer motor was connected up to the windscreen wiring :blink:

Anyway, that was resolved, which involved fitting a new motor and seal. The wiring was then put back to how it should be and the car went to its MOT and...

PASSED! :)

Happy Damo :) And... I now have washer jets :D

Thanks to Mike and Dave at Rentech and Nick for his company/support :lol:

Back to Rentech on Saturday :( I went to fill the washer bottle up and it came leaking out the bottom. Will only be something minor though.