ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warrenty Question

Hi, i have an 03 172 and i think i may have the 4k rattle as there is a definite buzz as the revs drop past the 4k mark. As its my first car to have warrenty, im just wondering how i would go about getting this sorted?? My car is over a year old so do you think there will be any probs getting the centre section of the exhaust changed as this is a fairly common fault??

Cheers

Matt

oh and i have just had the centre section changed on my new 182 (because of the same thing), and to be honest they just cut the exhaust and put a new centre bit in, they then bodge the backbox back on with a sh*tty clamp, this now leeks and is louder than the 4k rattle, if i were you i would get an aftermarket exhaust

fuking renault !!!, im seriously thinking of getting another car NOT A RENAULT

Booked it in today for Jan 31st. If they pfhone me up and say ill need to contribute towards the exhaust do you think i should ring Renault customer services and speak to them??

The woman i booked the car in with said she had never heard of this fault before! Do you think shes telling me some fibs!!

P

peterh2

Might as well give it a go as its definatly a common problem with them so they must be aware of it.

I get a rattling as well but it doesnt sound like its coming from the exhaust. The rattling I get occurs at around 75-85 mph and sounds like its from inside the car but I just cant find the source of it

Quote: Originally posted by MattR172 on 18 January 2005

Booked it in today for Jan 31st. If they pfhone me up and say ill need to contribute towards the exhaust do you think i should ring Renault customer services and speak to them??

The woman i booked the car in with said she had never heard of this fault before! Do you think shes telling me some fibs!!
she is telling you porkies

search for the 4k rattle on here some threads include named dealers who have fixed this take them in as evidence

Yes it is a common problem.. We see a few of these..

In fact I replaced the centre box on my 172 last april.. Rattle started after 8K miles again, had it replaced under parts warranty last week....

The exhaust is only covered for 12 months.. When the dealer does an ICM it will either kick it out completely and you willl have to pay 100% of the cost, or if your very lucky they might pay a small partial contribution..

Quote: Originally posted by 172 Exclusive on 19 January 2005

either kick it out completely and you willl have to pay 100% of the cost, or if your very lucky they might pay a small partial contribution..

Well I dont know about that cause my Vee developed a misfire last September, 2 coils were replaced under warranty.......it came back just before Xmas and they agreed to replace another faulty coil FOC even though the warranty ran out end September and also agreed to replace the remaining 3 also FOC........as a goodwill gesture :D

So they can do it eh ;)

Cya Stu

PS I got word today saying that the coils are in ready for fitting :cool:

[Edited by stusV6 on 19 January 2005 at 7:45pm]

its funny this exhaust.....had the 182 12 days now from new and cant get used to the exhaust note/rattles....

between 2.5k and 5k (not been over 5k yet) it has a bloody nasty rattle which im finding hard to call an exhaust note...how do i tell if something is knackered? not too sure what the thing should sound like A1.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 29 December 2004

oh and i have just had the centre section changed on my new 182 (because of the same thing), and to be honest they just cut the exhaust and put a new centre bit in, they then bodge the backbox back on with a sh*tty clamp, this now leeks and is louder than the 4k rattle, if i were you i would get an aftermarket exhaust

fuking renault !!!, im seriously thinking of getting another car NOT A RENAULT
the sleeves if fitted properley seal ok maybe the techy had a bad day

I think its wrong if they want me to pay for something which is obviously a common fault. I also think £400 is a joke.

Anyone know any dealers that are aware of this problem??

Thanks for your help guys