ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Warranty.. Worth Keeping??

Clive the Clio no. 2
Hi all,

I currently have the 3 year renault warranty on the mk3, and i have owned the car for 2 months now, and i am wanting to add "non approved renault parts" on it, lol.

Im wanting to lower it and a few other things, and i was just wondering if this invalidates the warranty?

Is the warranty worth keeping for the 3 years, so if anything goes wrong i can get the car done for free? or bin the warranty as renault are shat and pay if something goes wrong?

This might be in the wrong section, mods please move if so! :D

Any help would be appreciated!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
After Market parts will only invalidate the warranty if they are found to be a direct cause of a manufactuers part failing.

EG: You fit lower springs and the shock fails = Shock not covered by warranty.

If you fitted coil overs and your ECU packs up this will be covered.

Clive the Clio no. 2
but if i noticed that the coilovers have affected the shocks e.t.c can i just not change the coilovers back to original springs then send it in under warranty?

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
I’d try and keep it.

Unless you want the low look, I can’t see that any suspension changes will improve the cups handing or Renault would have do it themselves.

You would probably find if your gearbox busted that most dealers would argue something like

“ the suspension changes you have made has put extra strain on your gearbox and so its not covered under warranty”

Clive the Clio no. 2
to be honest, all i want to do is take the mahoosive space out between the wheel and wheel arch,

nothing about handling e.t.c

all i want to do is fit 45mm lowering springs!!

So i take it that i should keep it standard then after 3 years lower it?

Clive the Clio no. 2
its worth 2.5 hours to change the springs back than to pay renault stupid prices for something thats not under warranty.

im sure other people would agree

As has been said, modifications have to be proven to cause the failure, so lowering on springs and shock goes, shock not covered.

Its up to you if its worth ir or not. Personally I wont be doing much initially that can be accused of causing any problems with anything.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
its worth 2.5 hours to change the springs back than to pay renault stupid prices for something thats not under warranty.

im sure other people would agree

Not quite what I meant LOL

I mean is it worth the hassel changing the springs, then having to swap them every time you go to Renault for Service / Warranty work.

They will Note the car has been modified even if its not in for a specific claim. You should see the warranty files i used to deal with at RUK

RB 182
At Ford and Vauxhall where ive worked/work then its as said, if there a suspension rattle and the cars got 18"s and is lowered, then it isnt covered. If the engine blows and its been chipped - which is almost impossible to tell - then it isnt covered

BioHzrd had his car back in for warranty work even though it was on coilovers, bright green springs are a dead giveaway lol.

The stuff he needed done was covered.

BioHzrd had his car back in for warranty work even though it was on coilovers, bright green springs are a dead giveaway lol.

i thought that was for paint an his car is almost out of warrenty

White Sti Hatch

i thought that was for paint an his car is almost out of warrenty

Was for the paint witch they kindly went over with some sand paper and refused to say it was them and also the DePhasor Belt witch included the Timing belt so all in all at least £300 of work i got away with under warrenty......

As ive said a number of times Your warrenty is not VOID unless the they can prove that the mods you have done have caused the problem they must supply the information in writing if they are to say no to you if they dont call trading standards and b**ch to them about it theyll soon change there tune !