ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

warning lights

Balders172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
hi there i wonder if anyone canhelp me. I ley my dad borrow the clio for today and he has just got back and there at two lights up on the dash.

1. preheating/electronic fault or water in the diesel waning light

2. coolant temperature warning light

my car is a 1.2 16v on a 04 plate

Just test drove it to see if there was anything wrong and it is very restricted when it hits 3k revs and wont really go above it. no spluttering or anything just no power.

can anyone help me with this?

Balders172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
checked it again today and the preheating/ electronic light has turned its self off when i disconnected the battery. The little engine symble is still on though

Balders172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
just had my nieghbour (AA) run a diagnostics check.

fault code: p0638-throttle control actuator.

hope this helps people with the same problem getting the parts myself tommorow and sorting it.

Megane dci 130
It will be the connections on the throttle body buddy. They just need tightening up. The best bit is that its inside the inlet manifold so its a wanker to get too.

Balders172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Dad is still using my car and yesterday both lights decided to vanish :rolleyes:. Everything is in working order again, Silly Renaults :cheers:

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Throttle potentiometer on acc pedal ?
TDC sensor ?

Check wiring loom going to ECU - theres a metal cover that protects it - this rubs on the loom exposing the copper core of the wires - this causes numerous different faults