ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want to measure my 0-60 time

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5

hello peeps, i want to be able to find out my 0-60 time accuratley, is there some device on the market that allows me to do so accuratley and is fairly cheap ??

cheers,

john

Ziel Nurburgring

There is and they arent expensive. Think they are called AP22s or something similar, PM cocopops as he got a cheap american one last year and might be able to tell you where to get one

Clio 1.4, SV650S

Gtech pro

can get em shipped from america for about £35. they are pretty consistent so they are good for comparing before/after mods... however it wouldnt be worth arguing my car would beat yours cos the g-tech says so as they arent 100% accurate. good fun though.

i consistently get approx 11.7 sec 0-60s which is bang on the book time for my car. i think someone ran at the pod and the g-tech was only a couple of 100ths off what the proper equipment said.

you need a flat road though because its done with g-forces, but thats the same for any of these accelerometer based timing equipment iirc.

Ziel Nurburgring

Quote: Originally posted by entjm on 02 December 2004

Gtech pro

can get em shipped from america for about £35. they are pretty consistent so they are good for comparing before/after mods... however it wouldnt be worth arguing my car would beat yours cos the g-tech says so as they arent 100% accurate. good fun though.

i consistently get approx 11.7 sec 0-60s which is bang on the book time for my car. i think someone ran at the pod and the g-tech was only a couple of 100ths off what the proper equipment said.

you need a flat road though because its done with g-forces, but thats the same for any of these accelerometer based timing equipment iirc.
You could always just move it to his car. Same conditions, same equipment and a definitive answer as to whos is better. Only on private ground though.....;)

I just get my girlfriend to hold my phone infront of the speedo filming and floor it!!! Not accurate very blurry sometimes but fun to here the noise and watch how fast the speedo moves!!!!

(Even better if you can manage to get a girl leaning over to do it for you with her top off, you dont know where to look!!! LOL!!!!)

Quote: Originally posted by jonny on 02 December 2004

(Even better if you can manage to get a girl leaning over to do it for you with her top off, you dont know where to look!!! LOL!!!!)
that could be dangerous! ;)

Clio 1.4, SV650S

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 02 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by entjm on 02 December 2004

Gtech pro

You could always just move it to his car. Same conditions, same equipment and a definitive answer as to whos is better. Only on private ground though.....;)

everyone has a private road these days