ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Want camber on my 182 FF - how do I do it?

Hey guys. So camber on the "You're My Boy Blue" is the next job.

What do I need to buy to get camber? Do you camber both front and rear?

Thanks

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
camber bolts or adjustable top mounts, camber bolts- cheaper option

WRX
Factory setup is fine Tom, my baby was amazing at Bedford yesterday, kept up with/better than a lot of far more expensive machinery.

I'll leave the camber then, still might get some spacers though

Thanks

and again, why do you want spacers?

Re camber, fronts are 1/2 a degree negative standard, rears are 1 1/2 degree negative as standard (approx), as has been said.

I used Eibachs bolts to get fronts up to 1 1/2 negative to match the rears. Seems better in the dry (on the road) but feel that turning in to greasy roundabouts that the front is a little more hit-and-miss, sometimes not sure if it's going to bite or not. Not sure it has improved anything for fast road driving in the winter. Though I'm yet to try it I'm sure it will feel better on track.... if not actually being much/any faster!!!

SG9 Forester STi
I'd stay away from spacers if I were you.

As far as camber goes, it does look awesome and I had a fair bit on my car when I bought the Ktec camber adjustable coilovers. The only problem was whilst it looked good I was eating tyres like no tomorrow and was ending up left with a useable tyres for the most of it but they were very worn on the inside.

I do miss the look though.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Yep. Factory standard -1.5 on the fronts.

it's not.

1.5 degrees is a good target, but you need to see what works for you, I ended up with 1.25deg on my mk1 as it was the best all round for tyre wear and handling. Needed more castor really though

Needed more castor really though

That's pretty inteeresting Dan, I agree, what made you think more castor needed? Would that help with turn in bite as that's what I feel increasing camber has lost a little of. I know its not possible without other mods anyway so not an option for me unfortunately.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
was really an observation of what my mk1 lacked, but it applied to the mk2 too to a lesser degree, more castor will give you more camber under turning, without having to have lots whilst straight. More stable in a straight line, and better tyre life as a result

WRX
That's pretty inteeresting Dan, I agree, what made you think more castor needed? Would that help with turn in bite as that's what I feel increasing camber has lost a little of. I know its not possible without other mods anyway so not an option for me unfortunately.
0.05 toe out either side to assist turn in.

it's not.

1.5 degrees is a good target, but you need to see what works for you, I ended up with 1.25deg on my mk1 as it was the best all round for tyre wear and handling. Needed more castor really though

I have been enlightened! I was under the impression -1.5 F&R was standard. Apparently not the case. Cheers Danny :)