ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VX53 SXA

Titanium 182
Looked at this car a couple months ago at a car sales in Atherton, was a very tidy iceberg and had been well looked after quite a bit of service history, had a clifford alarm system, would have bought it if I hadn't have been driving for about 3 weeks at the time. Also had a clio sport tax disc holder. was just wondering if the person who owns it now is on here with it? very lucky whoever has the car

Clio 172
I just randomly searched my old plate to see if anything came up..

That was mine, sold it to a lad in Bristol who then proceeded to destroy it. I vaguely remember selling it to him for £2,400 and then six months later he slung it on eBay and some fella came to pick it up for £500 non-running. I have no idea what the kid did to it, but when I sold him the car the backbox was brand new Renault item and 2 weeks later he was having it welded as it was snapped!

I would hate to see what condition it would be in now!

(sorry for the thread from the dead!)

Titanium 182
I just randomly searched my old plate to see if anything came up..

That was mine, sold it to a lad in Bristol who then proceeded to destroy it. I vaguely remember selling it to him for £2,400 and then six months later he slung it on eBay and some fella came to pick it up for £500 non-running. I have no idea what the kid did to it, but when I sold him the car the backbox was brand new Renault item and 2 weeks later he was having it welded as it was snapped!

I would hate to see what condition it would be in now!

(sorry for the thread from the dead!)

When I saw it ages ago it was in really good condition, you sure it is the same car? I now know the guy who owned it and he said it was a good runner, never really had any major problems with it, said it had a steering column problem, a little problem somewhere else but was a solid car.

Clio 172
That's definitely my old plate;

43065a6f.jpg

I'm really not sure what happened to it when the lad had it off me - shortly before I sold it I replaced the cambelt, dephaser, Aux belt, PAS pump, Aircon pressure switch, Climate Control Sensor all sorts. CC was all working, seats were in good nick, was on cup springs with a polybushed dog-bone mount. Spent a lot of money keeping that car nice.

If you speak with him ask him if it still has the 182 rear single piece carpet!

Titanium 182
I'm really not sure what happened to it when the lad had it off me - shortly before I sold it I replaced the cambelt, dephaser, Aux belt, PAS pump, Aircon pressure switch, Climate Control Sensor all sorts. CC was all working, seats were in good nick, was on cup springs with a polybushed dog-bone mount. Spent a lot of money keeping that car nice.

If you speak with him ask him if it still has the 182 rear single piece carpet!

Not sure then mate. Talking to my mate now who had been in it and that he said it was a solid runner when the other lad had it, not a single problem with at all, the lad who had it kept everything OEM as far as I know, came a long way then if you sold it to someone in Bristol, I'll ask my mate now if he does but I don't think he kept anything.

Clio 172
Not sure then mate. Talking to my mate now who had been in it and that he said it was a solid runner when the other lad had it, not a single problem with at all, the lad who had it kept everything OEM as far as I know, came a long way then if you sold it to someone in Bristol, I'll ask my mate now if he does but I don't think he kept anything.

It was originally from Gloucester - previous owner to me was a lady owner that owned it from new. She is logged as the second owner as the first owner was the finance company and then it was transferred to her and then me.

I bought it from Bodily Cars in South Wales!

Titanium 182
It was originally from Gloucester - previous owner to me was a lady owner that owned it from new. She is logged as the second owner as the first owner was the finance company and then it was transferred to her and then me.

I bought it from Bodily Cars in South Wales!

Oh wow! Come a bit of a distance then hadn't it, I asked my mate pal and he hasn't got the rear carpet mate, sold everything when he traded it in.

Clio 172
Oh wow! Come a bit of a distance then hadn't it, I asked my mate pal and he hasn't got the rear carpet mate, sold everything when he traded it in.

Madness!

It was also a grey import - due to being bought through a finance company it never went through the dock preparation for etched windows, alarm, locking wheel bolts etc - I bought all that for it. Sucked every time I went to Renault the reg never came up on their machine and insurance companies kept thinking it was a 1.6!

Crazy how far cars can go after ownership.

I had this car up until last July when i traded it in for my current Astra VXR. I replaced loads of maintenance things and even had full Genuine Cat-Back Exhaust System and kept it OEM as possible, from what I remember the Engine very strong one and even at 90k+ miles it never used a drop of Oil.

http://www.zsoc.com/showthread.php?t=265162

Had a brief progress thread on ZSOC.

Clio 172
Literally everything you're saying in that thread I replace - those leaking rear shocks were genuine Renault items as I had to change them.

Crazy finding all this out!

EDIT: LOL That Cat kit I also changed for a genuine one! and they were Brembo HC discs on the front!

Last edited:
Literally everything you're saying in that thread I replace - those leaking rear shocks were genuine Renault items as I had to change them.

Crazy finding all this out!

EDIT: LOL That Cat kit I also changed for a genuine one! and they were Brembo HC discs on the front!

It's a small world ain't it. That Clio has had a busy life then hasn't it getting things replaced twice lol!

They only thing i didn't get to fix was the leaky Gearbox selector Seal and something to do with the Steering Column.

Apart from that it was a very solid car. The interior was unmarked, i genuinely miss it :(

renault clio r 172
This is my car bought it last september from atherton car sales love it to bits had the cambelt,aux belt, dephaser and new radiator done at birchdown. Trying to sort the leaking gearbox now

This is my car bought it last september from atherton car sales love it to bits had the cambelt,aux belt, dephaser and new radiator done at birchdown. Trying to sort the leaking gearbox now

Glad it's still going strong, what's the millage now ? think it was on 99k when i had it.

Think it's the Selector Seal that needs replacing, i never got around to doing it.

renault clio r 172
Yep still going strong it has 110000 miles on it now looking at getting a refurbed gearbox for it in the next couple of months then going to try and sort the paint work out do u know what happened to the service book.

Yep still going strong it has 110000 miles on it now looking at getting a refurbed gearbox for it in the next couple of months then going to try and sort the paint work out do u know what happened to the service book.

Glad your looking after it mate. Get some pictures up :D

PM'd you too.

renault clio r 172
will get some pictures up soon got sort my camera out going to start a progress thread on it soon will b slow going as money is tight going to do headlights in the next month or so