ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VX220 **Contains half ar*ed photos**

I know what you mean, they aren't the quickest cars out there by any means.....I wouldnt be surprised if some diesel barge gave mine a run for its money on the straights......but as you say....that's not what they're about really.

I've been toying about with the idea of getting a remap so get a bit of extra poke, but after having a blast in roads around North Wales the other day....I really don't think I need it! And if some executive prick gets the better of me on a dual carriage way or whatever....so what....he's still in a big boring canal boat.

It could be faster yes, but EVERY time I get it in, it puts a smile on my face.....and it literally handles like a go kart, and for someone who prefers epic handling over raw speed.....it suits me to the ground.

The VXs are much more tunable though, easy 300bhp+ if you spend the money. The Exiges aren't as tuner friendly though, most saying the gearbox won't like much more than 260.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Ahh, so your brothers Jimmy! Very nice car he's got, saw him at a recent trackday he organised round Anglessey the SC whine on his was epic! Interestingly he won his class with 17" tyres on the front dispelling the 16/17 myth. Awesome machines

Thats right. He is. Utter speed freak. Most follow a lil in the family as I keep fancying one. Think I must bite the bullet soon too.

If you think the noise is epic watching it get yourself a passenger lap. It's loud as f**k, can see why paracetamol is a must at any track day he does lol.

His is now just under 300bhp ATM, bigger pulley on S/C needed. Think there's talk of a LSD too.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
I know what you mean, they aren't the quickest cars out there by any means.....I wouldnt be surprised if some diesel barge gave mine a run for its money on the straights......but as you say....that's not what they're about really.

I've been toying about with the idea of getting a remap so get a bit of extra poke, but after having a blast in roads around North Wales the other day....I really don't think I need it! And if some executive prick gets the better of me on a dual carriage way or whatever....so what....he's still in a big boring canal boat.

It could be faster yes, but EVERY time I get it in, it puts a smile on my face.....and it literally handles like a go kart, and for someone who prefers epic handling over raw speed.....it suits me to the ground.

The VXs are much more tunable though, easy 300bhp+ if you spend the money. The Exiges aren't as tuner friendly though, most saying the gearbox won't like much more than 260.

What engine/ spec is yours dan?

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Awesome looking car! Would love a passenger ride in one, haven't been in a n/a or a turbo :(, I feel like im missing out.

Oh your are IMO. Well depends on how the driver drives too though.

I
they just don't seem to batter an eye lid when a corner comes. Fantastic cars.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Bare in mind Dan I was coming from a 160bhp 425kg car at the time, the Exige felt huge and not as nimble lol.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Well if that's it in your lil pic I'm very jealous.

What engines are available then? Sorry to be a pain. Don't know Nout about these.

What engines are available then? Sorry to be a pain. Don't know Nout about these.

Only one engine was available, the 1.8 Toyota 2ZZ (iirc), but they started as NA then went supercharged in the S model. There are also 240 and 260 versions as well, mine is the base 220.

Bare in mind Dan I was coming from a 160bhp 425kg car at the time, the Exige felt huge and not as nimble lol.

True. I can't imagine many people get in an Exige and say that....except in those circumstances!

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
[h=2]Re: VX220 **Contains half ar*ed photos**[/h]

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Clio-addidas

Only one engine was available, the 1.8 Toyota 2ZZ (iirc), but they started as NA then went supercharged in the S model. There are also 240 and 260 versions as well, mine is the base 220.

Ta. I will see if I can find a link one I was looking at.​

Maybe a meet in the miller and carter in bexley, (used to be jacobe-and-barn) then a pint inside?

Well up for that.
It's not taking up any space in the garage so no rush on the under tray.

The dirt does get a bit annoying after a while doesnt it! That one time you use the fan on full power, I've had flies/wasps/leaves/all sorts decorating the dash! Makes sense to try and dtop that if you had the clam off.

Also, to the others.....I found it pretty hard to 'have a play' in the dry. With all that weight over the rear, combined with sticky track tyres....it aint easy! Like Sam said, if you have no sympathy for the drivetrain, then I suppose that's a different story......but I don't like to treat my cars like that.

Yes to th dirt and cheers for the undertray. I can barely bring myself to launch it hard in first, it is so brutal it feels cruel to put 240 odd bhp through the rear wheels, it's trying its best to shake itself apart as it is lol! Mechanical sympathy is top of the priorities with this thing.

I'm tempted to swap my Tam for a stage 3 one. Itch I have to scratch after not really liking the Exige S I tried.

Nooo!! I love the TVR lol. Stage 3 will see yo 260-270 bhp, from your latter posts it sounds like you'd need stg4 lol!

Nice pics, nice tyres. I love mine.

Cheer Mark.

Megablade/Megabusa/Similar is my next itch I fear. Bloody itches.

Cheers everyone. On a side note I am proper pissed off tonight, some little scrote has had my dust covers away (apparently because they're green due to nitrogen filled tyres they must be uber cool). Seriously, FFS, I know I might be over reacting but it's the principle, it's a bit of chuffin' plastic. Paupers. :mad:

Well up for that.

Yes to th dirt and cheers for the undertray. I can barely bring myself to launch it hard in first, it is so brutal it feels cruel to put 240 odd bhp through the rear wheels, it's trying its best to shake itself apart as it is lol! Mechanical sympathy is top of the priorities with this thing.

Nooo!! I love the TVR lol. Stage 3 will see yo 260-270 bhp, from your latter posts it sounds like you'd need stg4 lol!

Cheer Mark.

Megablade/Megabusa/Similar is my next itch I fear. Bloody itches.

Cheers everyone. On a side note I am proper pissed off tonight, some little scrote has had my dust covers away (apparently because they're green due to nitrogen filled tyres they must be uber cool). Seriously, FFS, I know I might be over reacting but it's the principle, it's a bit of chuffin' plastic. Paupers. :mad:

No way! Well a lot worse could have happened, like keying etc!

What are they Sam? I have no idea what you're talking about. :eek:

The blade/busa? Both bike engined kit car's similar to Waitey's old beast! In reality I'd probably run an MK indy in the ideal 2 car garage. just finances.

Turbos.
Was just in Sidcup for the first time in about a year and just so happened to see a VXT! It was blue, with no vee and Speedlines. Seen it around?

keo

Clio Trophy
Nice mate, good fun arent they. I keep looking at them again. Then sensible head comes on and i think keept the trophy and save a bit longer. I am tempted sell the clio and have a vx as a daily again though......

330 Ci
Cheers, they are epic cars, yours looks spot on (gotta admit It was going for a spin in a moonland VXT that sold me on getting one) - real shame I can't justify keeping mine as a second car (or as an only car). Enjoy it dude and if you get chance do a couple of track days so you can really push it, the cornering grip is phenominal!

Cheers, they are epic cars, yours looks spot on (gotta admit It was going for a spin in a moonland VXT that sold me on getting one) - real shame I can't justify keeping mine as a second car (or as an only car). Enjoy it dude and if you get chance do a couple of track days so you can really push it, the cornering grip is phenominal!

Thanks for the advice mate, it is a shame but the longer I have it the more I realise it is a big compromise as an only vehicle.

Cheers Luke and Al :D

Can you keep it in a garage?
I never really had any issues driving it in winter, although the last winter wasn't as bad as the years before. I kept it in the garage so I didn't have to worry about de-icing etc. With the fan as good as it is...or not....I cant imagine it happens that quickly. But yeh, in those months it's not exactly a Bentley.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Went out in a 304bhp stage 4 one yesterday. It was probably slower than the TVR, but f**k me it was scary to drive.

WANT.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Commute starts in October. 80 miles a day. All on the motorway. Through winter. FML.

I reckon spend £500 on a diesel 106 and keep this. 40 miles each way in a 106 shouldn't be too depressing.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Tthat as well but when I spoke to him on Saturday he actually looked worried at the prospect of doing the 80 mile commute in it lol

I don't blame him, they're epic cars but my mates brother had one and I know the torture he had commuting in it, especially in winter.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lol my Clio was like that from the leaky sunroof, ice on the inside is not nice.