ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

VM 100Mb Broadband

Tesla MP3 2021
vm2.jpg

Tesla MP3 2021
I get that, but if you did a speedtest thing it would show more than just downstream speed.

Newsgroups are my main concern and they are getting maxed out which is great.

Other results including Speedtest.net are what you would expect, 96-98Mbps d/l and 8.5-9Mbps u/l.... depending on which server, time of day etc

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
9ms isn't bad. I'd like to see the Trace Route where it goes through VM's 5 or 6 traffic filtering servers. ¬__¬

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure i posted my 30MB in the 100MB thread. Maybe i didn't it because of the Ping talk.

What the hell is Ping anyway?

182FF with cup packs
Not sure i posted my 30MB in the 100MB thread. Maybe i didn't it because of the Ping talk.

What the hell is Ping anyway?

Short answer is that it is a measurement of round-trip-time between you and the server. So basically how long it takes one packet to go from you to the server and back again. So the lower the better, especially for things like online gaming.

Due to the way TCP/IP works, a higher latency (or ping) will also actually limit your maximum available throughput between yourself and a server.

BMW335M/Clio200/182
9ms isn't bad. I'd like to see the Trace Route where it goes through VM's 5 or 6 traffic filtering servers. ¬__¬

5 or 6 traffic filtering servers LOL There will be a best efforts Diffserv QoS queue on the VM MPLS core nodes. Plus some lawful intercept devices and packet shapers. All trace routes will go via the LiNX Exchange in Telehouse in Docklands