ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Virgin Media blocked port 21?

Hi, yesterday I was able to FTP into my NAS from the internet. Now I can only login through my local IP. I can't reach it all from the web.

My external IP hasn't changed. Is it possible that VM have blocked this port due to what they consider to be dodgy FTP activity? Seems unlikely?

Silly question...but did you give the NAS a static IP?

Is the forwarding on the router still correct?

Have you tried secure FTP? (port 22)

I don't think so. I've check the router and nothing has changed. The correct ports are still open. It's just bricked itself overnight.

Has to be Virgin IMO but I can't bring myself to call tech support and go round in circles whilst they run me through the 101 point health check. "ok, so tun off your PC and tun it on again"...

EDIT: Yeah my NAS a static IP and I can still access from inside my network, just not from the internet. Google did take me to some VM threads but the I didn't find any answers so thought I'd ask the resident IT geeks here.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Reset it.

Actually hold on, don't you need a static IP issued by virgin for this to work? You can't just assign it yourself.
I use the O2/BE assigned static IP for my Plex setup and that never changes.

So its not the port, its the IP?