ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Video problem from my DSLR

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Gents,
I've taken a few video's from my Canon dslr and wanted to get the videos from the camera onto a platform where I can watch them from my phone I also wanted to be able to share them as well.
I uploaded the short video clips to Google drive and then down loaded them to my phone.
Now the issue is when I go to share them via WhatsApp or post them on Instagram I loose the audio, any ideas or is there another way of getting the videos on my phone.

Cheers

S.

DC5
Why don’t you upload them to YouTube? Could always set them to private if you don’t want them public.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Does the canon app allow video transfer? If so it should save the file to your gallery and you should be able to upload from there.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Does the canon app allow video transfer? If so it should save the file to your gallery and you should be able to upload from there.
I don't know mate tbh, I uploaded the videos to my PC and they got deleted from the camera.

Can you play them on your phone with the audio working?
Yes mate and when playing from Google drive it's perfect it's only when I go to share I loose the sound. Taking a video on my phone and sharing is no problems.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
What about transfering the vids from your camera/camera sd card to your pc/laptop and then transfer them to your phone? That's how I do mine.
I've got them off of the camera and on to my PC mate. Didn't know a way to get them onto my phone other than Google drive.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
What phone have you got?

Something else to try. Install telegram on your laptop and on your phone. It's like WhatsApp but you can transfer full size files etc. Send it yo yourself from your laptop and it'll go through to the phone, upload from there.
Or cable transfer if you can do that?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
What phone have you got?

Something else to try. Install telegram on your laptop and on your phone. It's like WhatsApp but you can transfer full size files etc. Send it yo yourself from your laptop and it'll go through to the phone, upload from there.
Or cable transfer if you can do that?
Cheers mate I'll give it a go. I've got the Google pixel 2 XL

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Sweet.
Either of those should work. Should see "saved messages" in telegram, send it to there.
I've done it a few times when ive wanted to send videos to my phone.
When it comes through in telegram to the phone, save it to downloads and it'll be in your files, makes it a bit easier to find rather than scanning Google photos or quickpic etc.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
I've got them off of the camera and on to my PC mate. Didn't know a way to get them onto my phone other than Google drive.

I just plug my phone (samsung) into the laptop/pc via the usb lead and drag/drop the video from it's folder onto my phone. Works ok with sound and quality. Did the same with my gopro and it worked fine.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I just plug my phone (samsung) into the laptop/pc via the usb lead and drag/drop the video from it's folder onto my phone. Works ok with sound and quality. Did the same with my gopro and it worked fine.
Thanks mate, next time I'll try it that way. I've downloaded telegram to both the phone and my PC, I'll see how that goes.