ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vickyx's Green Machine ;)

Evo 5 RS
In fairness the Mintex pads are just as bad, and no where near as aggressive! Actually whilst on the subject Vic, do you have the sticky back shims? USE THEM! The pads are really pretty awful in those calipers for squeal much like Chip is saying.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
In my corsa when I was running those calipers for a while I used greenstuff pads and was really happy with them even on track, they arent great in the standard calipers but seemed to suit those.
Were STUPIDLY cheap as well, like literally 30 or 40 quid a set or something!

Try them at least once before you dismiss them just cause greenstuff arent trendy on here, lol

Evo 5 RS
Yeah there aren't many alternatives for the Wilwoods, people tend to say (about Greenstuff) urgh they fall apart or urgh they're well s**t. Not used them so can't comment

R

rhys davies

what a tool been looking through this thread what engine you got in that and what you done to it bar the remap lool :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah there aren't many alternatives for the Wilwoods, people tend to say (about Greenstuff) urgh they fall apart or urgh they're well s**t. Not used them so can't comment

If you brake massively aggressively they can deteriorate quite quickly, but for just general trackday use with firm but not horrendously late breaking (im actually quite conservative under braking myself and am guessing Vicky is too) I found them to work really well.

SG9 Forester STi
Amateurs don't use Nitrous Oxide. I've seen the way you drive. You've got a heavy foot.

Lol, trust you!

Chip, I'll be one of the first to rate green stuff. Used to use them on mine when it was a 1.4, never had any issues with them and they lasted ages.

Renault clio 2005
Car Looks Great. Love the Engine Must really push You In the back of the seat when You accelerate :D

This car is an inspiration for me to do an engine swap On My 1.4. Is there any thing that was tricky for the engine conversion? Wiring or gearbox? It`s well worth every penny You spent On the car. would Give the v6 a very good run for it`s Money :cool:

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I believe Ive just bought a Trophy with your ITBs fitted:)) Hope I can get it running as well as you had them.

Evo 5 RS
Probably ended up with the rings being f**ked because it was mapped by a fat virgin shyster with no back bone.

Short disclaimer, it's not offensive because it's true

Evo
Got crashed by the new owner in the end didn't it?

Any idea what happened to this?

Probably ended up with the rings being f**ked because it was mapped by a fat virgin shyster with no back bone.

Short disclaimer, it's not offensive because it's true

The car was sold on but then shortly broken for parts to fund the owners other project car :( At the time of dismantling it was still running fine and the rings were very much in one piece.

Vicky is now doing things properly in a 225, but yet to install Nos :p

63CBB49A-ADE6-43A7-B866-763D3D71E856_zpsolkqzwp2.jpg

BB663992-BD46-427C-90DB-B97BE94D5CA8_zps3yisodin.jpg

FF4258A7-80C8-4015-86AB-F0733DB5ACBD_zpsb662t9hk.jpg