ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Vibrations after fitting pure motorsport lower mount and decat

A van
Ive recently fitted a pure motorsport lower mount to my 172 along a with miltek decat. Now, when the car is under load, especially when the front end goes light there is a serious vibration. From what i can see, The manifold to downpipe flange is touching the subframe, From having a quick search on here, Its a common fault, To which most are saying the engine needs moving???? Any help appreciated, Before i loose my mind, As its vibrating my soul!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Loosen the mount, use a lever bar to tilt the engine away from where it's knocking, whilst holding it in position, tighten the mount.

Drink a beer and admire your handy work.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi nope,i think i need to change my engine mount and get the engine pushed forward a little,it wasnt there before decat,but i would get the typical manifold hitting subframe noise,now its more vibration after decat

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
Have fitted just this mount

17C4EE38-1DAA-4E73-8907-CD867CA5170E_zpscjxp9ry2.jpg

As I'm sure it says it adjusts the engines position slightly in the description on PMS site, if that is the case I'd guess you need the others.

I have the whole kit fitted to mine, it's vibratey and noisy but nothing major.

A van
that top bolt is fun into get in isnt it! lol.
Yeah, ive got the expected vibrations off the mount, But this is something else. Im going to loosen the drivers side mount and see if theres any adjustment there today..

A van
There is only about 3 or 4mm adjustment on the base of the mount, Certainly not enough to affect the shafts.
Ive just loosened them and pulled the engine forward, Still vibrating. Loosened them and pushed the engine back, Still the same, I give up! It'll vibrate the lip of the subframe way eventually.

01 Clio 172 PH1
hmm...i loosened everything...pulled the engine forward...heard a clunk...
tightened everything down and the knocks are gone
the only vibration i get is when im in 4th gear >5k rpm