ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

very very very quick brake question!!

hi guys just quicky!!

1) am i better fitting my goodridge lines and full bleed of the system same time as getting new discs and pads for the front? will it save me on labour charge etc

2)is it ok because of dont ever go on track to get standard discs are they good enough? also where is the cheapest place to get them from?

3) are standard pads good enough as well or is there something else a bit more long like? also cheapest price on these as well

many thanks told you it was a quick one ha ha ha

Mégane RS
1 yes cheaper if you do it all at the same time
2 standards discs are fine get them from gsf, or brembo max etc
3 standard pads are ok but you could go for ferodo or mintex etc

RS Clio 200
1. as above
2. a brake upgrade is surely a good thing
3. depends how you like to drive, personally i like to brake late, so i found stock pads faded a little sometimes

even better mate, fit it all ureself. piss easy.... only fiddly bit is the rear brake lines, but u cant go wrong really

cheers guys for your comment so far...i would love to do myself like the pads and discs but i am s**t at anything mechanical and will probably screw up he he i dont drive many miles in a year mate and very rarely go silly speeds but i am thinking about better pads may be and getting some new ones for the rear!!! what would you recomment at a good price/

what are the kevlar brake pads like from ktec seem a good price and they sell with all there own kits do we get 5% off ktec? cheers

BMW M135i
I've just changed mine for brembo max discs and mintex extreme pads, still letting them bed in so haven't given them a good hammering yet but intially they seem good. Deffo improvement over standard bite harder etc.

cheers for that mate where did you get them from and how much chers buddy ...what about ktec apds are they any good at all?