ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very quick 16mm spacer concerns.....

182 Cup & DCi 172
I have just bought some hubcentric bolt through spacers - got 16mm for front and rear.

I am just about to order new Taperpro bolts for these (45mm threads) however I am a little cautious as they aren't bolt to hub versions.

Anyone had any issues with this type or issues with bolts loosening off repeatedly?

Any advice/experience is welcomed

Cheers

Rob

182cup & 172 racecar
I run 16mm spacers on the back of the race car (non bolt to hub type) they are fine.

But there again mine is on studs.

182 Cup & DCi 172
I use the car as my everyday car/fast road car and do plan doing a trackday or 2 next year.

May look into the K-tec or Pure Motorsport stud conversion and use these spacers with them

Rob

182 Cup & DCi 172
Cheers for the info - will fit them later in the week after my nightshifts and see what I think

Rob

182 Cup & DCi 172
These are the spacers and bolts I have bought:

DSC_1062_zps4ef72411.jpg

Just spoke to Pure Motorsport and think I will be going for their stud conversion, will use the extended bolts for the short term

Rob

I ran these on my old non sport and have swapped then over to the 182.

3-1.png

Never had any problems and I use the car almost everyday.

Never thought about bout upgrading to a stud conversion. Is there any point on a road car?

182 Cup & DCi 172
Makes wheel changes easier as mentioned above. Plus saves wearing the threads on the rear discs which I found can happen if wheels changed around a lot on the car.

I am going to try them on and see what they sit like. Should make the Williams wheels fill the arches nicely but not sure how it will sit with the Turini's in the summer

Rob

Ah right okay.

I currently have Turini's on the Inferno. The 16mm spacers sit well on the front but I can't get away with them on the rear as it's too low and would scrub like mad!

182 Cup & DCi 172
That is good to know - mine is just on Eibach sportlines at present but plans are for coilovers after the winter.

Got to say your Inferno looks lovely - I have had my Turini's sitting here for abit but getting them refurbed in Ford Sea Grey - they wont go on until spring though,

Rob

Any idea which ones you're going for? And thanks mate, do you have a project thread for yours?

They should look good that colour! :)

I'm swapping my Turini's for some Renault Storms during the winter so they don't get wrecked :p

I run the same spacers on the front of mine to clear the brembos. And i have had no problems what so ever!!

Don't worry.