ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

very loud diesel knock under load which becomes very quiet when warm

2x Clio mk3 1.5dci
My clio 1.5dci mk3 has very loud diesel knock when I start it but as it gets warmer it gets quieter until you can't really even notice it if not completely gone. I've checked the Bottom end all brand new shells all in tollerance I've inspected all 4 pistons via camera all look ok. 1 injector is stuck in and a glow plug stuck on a different cylinder so can't check those two but have the rest. There's an oil leak down the back of the engine possibly the turbo. If the turbo is going would the noise quieten when warm? Also no smoke. Any suggestions, thanks a lot to anyone that can help.

Cup In bits
Sounds like that Injector is goosed that is stuck in, when its cold the large amount of fuel its injecting is creating the knock but when it warms up it is closer to the right amount of fuel the engine is requiring.

Turbo won't create any noise on the engine unless its spewing oil and the engine could run away, chances are highly unlikely though.

2x Clio mk3 1.5dci
I have no actual way of getting that injector out though so i really dont know what i can do, any ideas? The engine is leaking oil from the back of the turbo area at the moment and a little oil down in the turbo pipe although ive taken the intake of and the turbo has no real play although i cant see where its coming from. Could a glow plug have any impact as im not sure the one thats stuck in is working either? Im thinking not but thought id see what you think? Thanks alot for the help :)

Cup In bits
Fecked glow plug won't give a knock although it can give a lot of smoke on some engines. Buy an injector puller to remove it. I'm assuming its carbon build up down the sides of the injector, big blow torch and a stilson as ruff as that sounds, Renault engines are renound for having stuck injectors although that's on there bigger engines, I'm not sure of the layout on yours.