ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[197] Check injection / injection fault.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Ok, so this is beginning to piss me off now because it's been happening constantly. (Was in the hard shoulder of the M4 the other day about 8 times in a 10 mile run).

It started a while ago - I'd be driving along and normally when I put my foot down, even if the car is warm, I'd get 'Check injection' a few seconds before I get chucked in to limp mode, 'Stop' light and spanner light come on and the fault changes to 'Injection fault'.

I'd normally stop my car and start it again and it'd go away for a fair while but now it's doing it on every journey multiple times and it also feels strongly like the car is holding back. Almost as if I can feel it about to kick me in to limp mode.

@jaswalker24 plugged CLIP in to it a while back (about 8 months ago) and it threw these errors back, whether or not they're previously stored and have been sorted since, this is what we received back;

Knock Sensor Circuit
Camshaft Dephaser Circuit
Angle Sensor
Variable Power Steering Motor

As stated, I don't know how long these have been on here or if they'd been fixed by previous owner - are any of these linked to what my problem could be?

Definitely seems to fail as soon as it's under load.

I've also noticed the thermostat dropping very quick. (Thermo stuck open?)

If the blowers are on, hot or cold, it'll drop very quick from halfway to a third of the way.

The simple thing would be to change an injector but I'm quite sure that it isn't the injector itself going by Google searches, however, all results I have looked at people have had it under warranty still (old posts) and never said the problem itself barring one which mentioned SprintBooster but I don't have that.

Any ideas would be great - anyone had this problem before, what was the fix?

I don't want to be throwing $$$ at the car, it already owes me more than double I'll ever be able to sell it for.

Cheers.

Clio 182
Get it plugged in - the knock sensor fault OR the dephaser could do it.
If the knock sensor is showing a fault it could actually be seeing knock though, which could be a badly flowing injector.
I'd pull the plugs and see what state they're in initially, run your nail along the earth electrode to see if you can feel a texture difference between the cylinders too - if one it rougher than the others then that's likely to be the cylinder that's having issues.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Yeah his car s**t it on track and just cut out, from memory he said it was slightly rough a few times before that happened
Mine is very hesitant at the minute, almost like timing is seriously knocked out. (I know it isn't!)

This fault has been happening for a long time tbh, just obviously got worse now.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I was told that when the crank sensors go they don't let the engine Rev at all. So if your car revs you can rule that out.
Yeah. Revs ok. Goes in to limp on "check injectors" then stops letting me rev completely on "injector fault".

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
If you get the faults cleared with Clip and then drive it again till it happens, that'll give you a better idea of which error is just stored and which is present.

'Check Injection' is rarely an actual injector fault on these and the Meganes, but more of a fault on the injection computer circuit.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
If you get the faults cleared with Clip and then drive it again till it happens, that'll give you a better idea of which error is just stored and which is present.

'Check Injection' is rarely an actual injector fault on these and the Meganes, but more of a fault on the injection computer circuit.
That's the plan mate. Just hard finding someone local with CLIP.