ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Very Annoying Noise!!!!!!!

I have noticed recently that my roof seems to make a LOT of noise when driving around. I can cope with this however recently I have noticed something that can be best described as a ball bearing rolling around in the roof. It is the most annoying thing ever!

I am assuming the best way to sort this is by just opening up the roof but how would I go about it? And any idea what it is?

Yeah I have a sunroof but I still cant work out what is moving around up there. How can I get into the roof.

BMW M3 - For Sale!

a few people have had this in the past... works out to be something thats come off the sunroof and trapped in there

im not sure if doing a search would help because it was at least a year ago that i last read about people with the same problems

soz i cant help mate!

Itll be a sunroof bolt.

Get the rooflining down a bit (be careful so you dont damage it) and youll probably find a bolt rolling around.

Pull rubber trim off from inside car,open sunroof fully.Have a look at runners and attachment for glass to see if any allen screws have vanished.If so bend headlining down slightly around sunroof and see if anything drops out.Lining at back of sunroof is glued in place so you cant bend too far or it will crease.Use a telescopic magnet to get in to wee nooks and crannies further in to the roof.It may pick up whatever. Also have a look at center light console.Removal is only a couple of torx screws.