ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver nightmare

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

I had a valver, a 95 m plate - got it with 60k - sold it at 97k - the 1st 18months were terrific - it just got better and better...but after 75/80k, stuff started going wrong - gearbox, stearing rack, rusty rear arches - big money stuff.

I think i made the mistake of using it as my main car, driving it to work everyday, then driving it on a night and a weekend - not good as a daily driver in my experience - but what a machine - it never failed to disapoint with all that power, and noise - never got bored of the car - just the amount of work it needed...ive just got rid, cos i came out of the petrol station one day and water was p1ssing out from the radiator, and started overheating - water boiled over too - think head cracked in the end - i did drive it HARD tho...

If your gonna buy one - take care of the beatch - !!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

I disagree - mine gets used as a daily car - does a good 100miles trip to the g/f an back every week and its the best car Ive driven for pottering around town too.

Gets a good pasting every now and again but I drive it properly I dont hurt the poor bugger!

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

i disagree, ok i dont use as an everyday car but i used to and did 60,000 miles in it and didnt have major probs.

I have to disagree too.

Mine gets quite a bit of hard use (not abusive though) and Ive had no real problems with it. No more than your average car anyway.

I like to drive my car hard most of the time, I think you have to with a 16V [well you dont have to but to enjoy what the car has you do]. I cange the oil regularly etc etc, what is abusive use of a valver though ??

mines on 90k, i drive it on the weekends, it takes a bit of stick too, but its fine ! its never had any thing go wrong with it.

my mates got one aswell on about 86k he drives his to work every day+at the weekends, apart from the alternator going on it, his is fine aswell.