ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

valver cuts out

my car is fine on idle

but sum time when im about to stop the idle sometimes drops and sometime the car stall

dose anyone had this happened to them or know what the problem is

any help would be good

thanks

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Mine was doing something similar, it would get to the point where it would almost stall and then recover.

I cleaned the ICV, but it was still doing it.

In the end it stopped doing it after changing the rocker cover gasket (plugs were getting fouled by oil) and cleaning the TPS (made a note of position before removing).

But to be honest it could be a number of things, it was just this in my case.

Clio Mk1 Hybrid

Throttle positioning sensor.

It is the red thing on the side of the throttle body.

I made scorings around the position of the 2 bolts that hold it in place, as it is factory set and needs to go back in the same place, otherwise it will totally screw things up.

When I took mine off, there was only a small patch of clean metal that was making the contact on the throttle body. Dont know the name of the thing it makes contact with. Cleaned it off with a wire brush and put it back on.

It made an immediate difference.

Caddy Maxi

throttle positioning sensor, its the red thing on the throttle body, if you do take it off and clean it make sure it goes back on EXACTLY as it came off or it will need setting up on a renault diagnostic mate which wont be cheap, it is easy to do though