ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Value of Clio 182... £7,200?!

Ford Racing Puma
Hey guys

Trying to sell my 182 - its on ebay at the moment. I've had a cash offer for £7,200.

Surely they're worth more? I've got in on for £7,700 which I thought was cheap as it has:

Maxogen
Janspeed Exhaust
Group N ECU
Max brakes / EBC pads

and is mint...!

30k on the clock.

OR am I just dreaming that they're worth more ?!

Maz

LY 200
They just dont seem to be selling at the moment, I have had mine up for sale for sometime now and tbh I am about to give up !!

Ford Racing Puma
They just dont seem to be selling at the moment, I have had mine up for sale for sometime now and tbh I am about to give up !!

Mine started @ £8,500 and I've dropped the price loads.

Just machine polished her with my new PC too, so looks amazing.

A 30k 182ff with both cup packs and all the recommended upgrades (engine mounts, goodrich lines too)

Damn depressing but since buying my Focus RS I need money for petrol! lol

Maz

LY 200
Im going to put mine through its 36k and probably put another 10k on it and trade it in next year as im not selling it for peanuts I refuse !!!

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
Im going to put mine through its 36k and probably put another 10k on it and trade it in next year as im not selling it for peanuts I refuse !!!

QUITE RIGHT!

The problem just now is french cars in general.

No matter what magazine you buy there hammering the french car manufactures for reliability.

I love my clio but totally regret buying it.

You loose money with every car you buy but french and itialan cars are taken a big hit just now!

MINI JCW
I sold mine yesterday a day after it was put on autotrader. I guess I got lucky! although after it was sold someone else rang me about it!

I got 8750 for it and it was a 54 plate with 12.5k on the clock

Clio 1.2 16v Dynamique
I sold mine yesterday a day after it was put on autotrader. I guess I got lucky! although after it was sold someone else rang me about it!

I got 8750 for it and it was a 54 plate with 12.5k on the clock

what u gettin now mate?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
It's because it's modded, i wouldn't touch a modded car.

Yaris Hybrid
Yeah those mods will detract from the value.

Mine is a mint 54 with 13800 on the clock and to be honest if someone offered me £7200 I'd take it! I'm gonna hand it back in October though, just feels like it is going to be a financial liability! Would never ever ever buy a used one!

Ford Racing Puma

Mine is a mint 54 with 13800 on the clock and to be honest if someone offered me £7200 I'd take it! I'm gonna hand it back in October though, just feels like it is going to be a financial liability! Would never ever ever buy a used one!

Why detract from the value?

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member

Why detract from the value?

Because more is likely to go wrong/break if the car has been modded.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
Not going to sell my 182, couldnt be without her!

If you mod your car people asume its been ragged to fook. Id put it back to standard then try and sell it.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's not about being ragged to fook.

When you buy a used car, you don't want other people's CD collection, you don't want other people's seat position, you don't want other people's smell either.

If a car has got a bunch of things that you're going to have to replace to make the car standard (at your cost) wouldn't it just be easier to look for another week and get a standard one ??

I know I sure would. That's why when I sell cars I make sure that all the imperfections on the outside are sorted (exhaust on this one will stay simply because I am not paying for another Renault one- c***s at Prospeed chopped the original off after me asking for it to be kept in re-usable condition).

I get a new set of floor mats, pedals and a gear knob if that's worn. 12 months tax and MOT are also big yes' but doesn't concern most 182's just yet.

MINI JCW

You would get 8500 easy

I'd never touch a modded car either, unless I knew the seller.
I'd say (to everyone) sell the mods separatly, and put it back to standard.
If the new owner wants to mod it it's their choice, you'll have more chance selling a standard than a modded one.

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
I agreed to buy my 182 about 2 hours after it went up for sale, but then again I wanted a car in Inferno. If I'd wanted a blue one I'd have been much more careful about how much I paid, as there are so many of them around. Nice liquid yellow, inferno and petrol blue cars will always sell fairly easily (I reckon) due to rarity.

www.renparts.co.uk

QUITE RIGHT!

The problem just now is french cars in general.

No matter what magazine you buy there hammering the french car manufactures for reliability.

I love my clio but totally regret buying it.

You loose money with every car you buy but french and itialan cars are taken a big hit just now!

all the above isn't just recently its always been like that...

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
I wouldn't buy a modified one either. Too likely to have spent its time handbraking round B&Q car park to impress the other chavs. Standard is the way forward!

My girlfriend just bought her 54 plate Clio 182 (54k miles) from a friend of ours. We paid £6000. He just wanted to clear the finance on it so I guess ours is an exception. Nice car though.

Maz

LY 200
I wouldn't buy a modified one either. Too likely to have spent its time handbraking round B&Q car park to impress the other chavs. Standard is the way forward!

My girlfriend just bought her 54 plate Clio 182 (54k miles) from a friend of ours. We paid £6000. He just wanted to clear the finance on it so I guess ours is an exception. Nice car though.

So if you personalise your car your a chav and race round B&Q :S

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD

To the casual person yes, if Joe Blogs comes up and see your car and you says it's been yozzasported with a maxogen and a janspeed exhaust what they going to think? Unless they where someone in the know.

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50

Sorry but the majority of modified cars are thrashed to within an inch of their lives. :rasp:

Maz

LY 200
^not true IMHO

^^Usualy people do their research I would have thought but obviously not if your saying that ..

VRS
the main thing to consider is that the kind of mods that we do are geared towards fellow enthusiasts

enthusiasts make up a very small percentage of car purchasers so by keeping the car modded you are limiting the amount of people who will find the car desirable

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
^not true IMHO

^^Usualy people do their research I would have thought but obviously not if your saying that ..

I wouldn't have thought it was exactly a researchable subject. Just my opinion. You of course are entitled to yours.:)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
^not true IMHO

But how would anyone know who say yozzasport etc were unless they'd been on here? Or done loads of reasearch, it's less effort to go look at a car thats standard instead, not trying to have a dig, just when you sell stuff try to make it as less effort and appeal to the average joe. If you see my point?

edit makavelli verison sounds better

Maz

LY 200
^ I know no one is having a dig lol Im not having a go just interesting to know that people think all cars that have mods have been regged and the drivers are chavs ..

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
I think people like standard cars for two reasons. 1) People buy them because they want a standard car to keep standard. 2) People want to modify a standard car as they want to personalise it. The problem with an already modified car is that it is someone elses creation and probably wont be to most other people's tastes or requirements.

Tay

Titanium Clio 182
Yeah Id agree with peoples view on this one. It took me a while to sell my last car even though it had been cared for very well for over 6 years!

But because it had been modded I had to wait for a like minded person to take it off my hands & he got the deal of the century !!!!!

Mondeo 2.0LX & Volvo V50
^ I know no one is having a dig lol Im not having a go just interesting to know that people think all cars that have mods have been regged and the drivers are chavs ..

Just a couple of points. I live in a town where the local lads tend to find their enjoyment lining the cars up on the local car park. The majority are modded. Also, a couple of my friends are into modding their cars and I know they drive them very hard. I'm not into modding and really look after my cars. I am not saying everyone who drives a modded car is a chav or rags their cars, but my experiences above are what I am basing my opinions on :) . Don't want to offend anyone LOL.

Ford Racing Puma
Well, I'm certainly no chav and the car has been well looked after.

I am, however, an enthusiast and wanted to maximise the potential of the clio. She looks totally standard, and the exhaust is only loud when you do eventually floor it.

The guy who offered £7.2 I've provisionally accepted.

If anyone here wanted the Maxogen and he didn't, you're welcome to buy it and revert to standard...