ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 realistic target price Renault dealer

Ford Fiesta

what should somone aim to pay for a new V6 ordered through a renault dealership, or are they all wanting full price?

just wondering if anyone has managed to get good deals from renault dealers.

Renault Laguna Coupe

From personal experience, about £25k. Plenty of good deals available.

Cant imagine doing business with a broker - who the hell would do a £25k deal with people theyve never met?

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Motorlogix are well respected and Im sure someone from here has bought from them before.

Lloyds also act as a broker and Im sure someone else has bought from them as well. Both of these companies will put you in contact with the dealer to arrange collection.

Thousands of people deal with importers every year why not a broker?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Personal choice - I wouldnt. Wouldnt do it with a business deal, wouldnt do it buying a car. I buy lots of stuff from eBay or from internet shops for anything up to a few hundred, but £25k? Not a chance.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Dont see the problem my self, the guy that bought the V6 from Lloyds, wrote it off in France, cant remember his name.

He got 3/4K off the list price and they put him(the buyer) and the dealer in touch with each other so he could check the progress of his car, Motorlogix do the same thing. Having communication/ confirmation from the dealer is surely enough. You even pick the car up from the dealer.

Edited - When I say dealer, I mean a franchised Renault Dealer.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Its who you pay the money to that counts for me - never mind where its picked up from.

Anyhow, back on topic - can anyone else tell Liam how much he can expect to pay for a new V6 from a Renault dealer?

Ford Fiesta

yes agree big savings from nearly new and imports and using brokers.

But curious to know if dealers themselves are discounting these cars by much or not.

Renault Laguna Coupe

They are mate, particularly if you can do a nice clean deal. I got over £2k off even though I had a p/x.

I got offered a silver 255, brand new which the deaker was going to register as a demo. Could have had it for £23995.

if you haggle hard i think you could get them down to around 24k, i didnt get any discount on mine but i got a very could trade in price on the 172 which made up for it, swings and roundabouts really.

Ford Fiesta

the acid yellow V6s the side pods are they silver of colour coded? Ive seen pics of both Im sure...

Remapped derv Golf

They have an 04 second hand (might be demo/pre reg) one at my local dealer and its £25,500!

Most dealers youd be lucky to get one for under £25k from Renault.

Like paul says Id get a second hand one for about £19k. No V6 owner would surely abuse such a car! Unless it was a company one.

Its definitely worth hunting around for a nearly new one. I got my black V6 255 from a Renault dealer who put it on Autotrader - 1200 miles, 3 months old, saved a packet!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

In my local dealer they have a 53 plate 255 in blue for 18.5k. It sin the showroom and it has 6k miles.

Well finally got a V6 testdrive yesterday after (literally) months of trying.

Now i know why owners rave about them so much!

Compared to the 182 I much preferred the seating position (seat seemed lower/slightly further back) although the steering wheel seemed slightly more offset. The climb over the wide sill adds to the feeling that this is a serious motor!

Engine was slightly louder than I had thought (I expected it to be just loud rather than very loud), but sounded awesome at higher revs.

Handling was submlime, although the lighter front end took a bit of getting used to - felt very stable at the back end though.

So in summary I want one, just need to figure out how to afford £27k! Initial dealer offer was mine (04 182 Cup packs etc 14k miles) plus £18k to change - err no thanks!

They have two of the things at reno in milton keynes, one of them has been there a while so maybe willing to do a deal if anyones intrested?

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Matt ATR on 06 April 2005

Well finally got a V6 testdrive yesterday after (literally) months of trying.

Now i know why owners rave about them so much!

Compared to the 182 I much preferred the seating position (seat seemed lower/slightly further back) although the steering wheel seemed slightly more offset. The climb over the wide sill adds to the feeling that this is a serious motor!

Engine was slightly louder than I had thought (I expected it to be just loud rather than very loud), but sounded awesome at higher revs.

Handling was submlime, although the lighter front end took a bit of getting used to - felt very stable at the back end though.

So in summary I want one, just need to figure out how to afford £27k! Initial dealer offer was mine (04 182 Cup packs etc 14k miles) plus £18k to change - err no thanks!

they are taking the **** lol.

Heard a couple of acid Vees in dealers. Thing is if i was buying one Id prob want to have one ordered and not one which has been sat around with people climbing over it. Although if they do a good enough deal who knows.

Liam

Brisol my lover..

weve got a clio v6 at S.J Cooks in Bristol its a 05 reged 24/03/05 in titanium grey at £23,999......01179 579700

[Edited by BIG jts on 07 April 2005 at 10:03pm]

[Edited by BIG jts on 07 April 2005 at 10:03pm]

Ford Fiesta

great deal BIG jts, something ive got an aye out for.

sadly not looking for silver though....:(

Elise/VX220/R26

dont buy new thats a mugs game m8! I should know cos I bought a new 172! Ill never buy brand new again. A car with like 7 or 10k on the clock is litrally as good as new. Let someone else take the 4-5 grand hit on the depreciation.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member

I posted the other day.

Exeter Renault (Bristol Street Motors) have got a BRAND NEW 2005 V6 in Red on the forecourt for.....

£22,995 :)

3.0ltr V6

There is a link on AutoTrader at the moment for people wanting to buy brand new cars. It is under the Renault Clio Sports, thats where I saw it. I looked at how much a brand new V6 would be and it was 21K!!!!!!! Have a look and if you cant find it ill let you know cos I wrote down the link somewhere.