ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 Engine Bay Pics

I took the vee for a covers off spin today and took some photos of the bay, might be of intrest to the petrol heads on here!

I love the sound/noise/experience with out the covers, its just so raw and nuts. bit warm mind, but with the windows down and in this colder weather is spot on.

Some owners seem to hate it, but to me this is how i enjoy it the most. it sounds mad at 3000rpm, but when you get it up to 6000.... brilliant stuff!!

4301207986_3d394ced22.png

4301207366_8cdef46447.png

4300460467_de610a4dbf.png

4300459767_4d37fba7f2.png

4301205024_ecb9e38b32.png

DCi 100
Doesn't that kind hurt your hearing?

I guess me listening to this music isn't helping either though!

Get a vid with the cover off dude, nice pics!

The engine's nothing to look at, is it? lol

Love the noise they make though, even with the covers on it's pretty special in there.

S4 Avant
The V6 sounds so much better than a crappy 4 cylinder. and having it there in the cabin with you just makes it sooo much better

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good Dunc! Though I do prefer the clear perspex cover options - simply to cut down on the amount of particle crap from the engine bay, flying around the interior.

If I had a Vee with the cover off, I'd definitely get a sticker for on top that said 'Laguna Power' or something similar - just for t'laugh :)

D.

On a hot summers day the heat will kill you - trust me ive tried it :D

I tired it too and 100% agree. Its fine when its cold outside, still need the windows down though!

Looking good Dunc! Though I do prefer the clear perspex cover options - simply to cut down on the amount of particle crap from the engine bay, flying around the interior.

like this one thats sat in my garage? ;-)

It does cut out a fair bit of the sound still with the clear cover on, but looks tidy!!

4100532749_2df1ea3258.png

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
I quite like having the covers off too, can hear every little click and gearchange :)

I did it not long back in autumn, over took a car and went through loads of leaves and crap which came flying into the car all over the place, some must have got on the manifolds too cos it stunk! :dapprove:

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Very smart mate, been in 4 V's but not one with the covers, must be awesome!

Does the MkI rocker thing not have the Reno sport logo or is that just the MkII ?

BMW M135i
Very smart mate, been in 4 V's but not one with the covers, must be awesome!

Does the MkI rocker thing not have the Reno sport logo or is that just the MkII ?
Mk2 thing, the plenums actually a different design too iirc. Part of where the extra powaaar comes from.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
It doesn't, beleive me, it sounds 100x better with the covers on! SOunds like it's going to explode with the covers off. You can hear the cogs engaging!

Clio 172 RS2
He should get a dog box... straight-cut gears.

Here them whine... the higher pitched the faster he goes.

But err. i meant in general that, that V6 sounds zu-wheat!