ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 airbox with ITG panel filter for 182.

Track 172cup
just got myself a samco 90 bend so looking to the CAF now aswell and obviously it would be best if it was smooth on the inside (if not then there might be better tubing to use)

Golf GTD Mk7
for sure if it's smooth inside the air will flow slightly better, but it won't make much difference to be fare. That piping is fine. have a look on the bay too.

Track 172cup
yeh totally mate, just having a look about the now but as you said it prob wont make a huge difference especially as the CAF is 100-105mm which is pretty big

Qashcow
ph1 or ph2? too low to the ground and you'll be picking up tarmac heat in the summer. ive got mine on the ph1 coming through the slashes in the bumper on the passenger side. 1mtr will be plenty

Qashcow
yea not much else you can do on the ph2, unless u do as Quade and Markcup have done. its gone towards the front of the engine bay then across the front towards the drivers side and out behind the grill.

although that would only work with a cup lol, damn this is gay :p

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i know

unless battery relocation to free up room lol

will play weekend and fit it again

CSX

172 CUP!
Quick bump found an espace airbox in a scrappy with part number 770 703 360/365 looked a bit big compared to the ones in the pics... i don't want this one right?

CSX

172 CUP!
Problem is i don't know! No reg plates/badges or anything to give it away unless i can tell by the engine? :S

Air box was located in the left hand side of the bay, with a key ontop to get the lid of an filter element located inside. Air pipe underneeth the box and air pipe on the right hand side. Secured by a bracket around. No idea if this helps lol :(

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Shouldn't be a key to take the top off the airbox to get to the filter element, just three metal clips around the edges. It is a big airbox and should only just fit infront of the rad. I'll try and take some measurements of the V6 airbox tonight and post up in the morning.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
its very big n round

see pic

IMG_0128.jpg

CSX

172 CUP!
This one was a lot bigger than that and the top was different :( bugger thought i was in luck lol :) Thanks saves me wasting money/time.

RS RIP
no you do'nt . Helps to choose a more easy route for your caf though with the space created .

The TB-elbow will probably need to be shortened or else the box will be wedged up against the rad; very tight fit. I got a aftermarket bend one and cut quite a bit off

R26
Right, just ordered a new V6 Airbox through the stealers, got a few questions, wheres the best place to buy CAF ducting from? Also where shall i run it, ive got a 182 Cup, if that helps..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Waste of money!! (hope you ordered the right v6 airbox!)

Route to the edge of the lower grill, remove acoustic valve! Don't cut into grill. No need and it looks pisch!

Qashcow
just seen you have a cup after replying to your PM stu, run the caf across the front of the car like markcup has done.

Ali, why a waste on monies? worked wonders on my car and RR proven

R26
Waste of money!! (hope you ordered the right v6 airbox!)

Route to the edge of the lower grill, remove acoustic valve! Don't cut into grill. No need and it looks pisch!

Yeah i got the right one, used the codes quoted from off here :)

Wasnt going to cut the grill, but was thinking of taking it to the arch liner where the original one routes to? As for the Acoustic Valve, isnt that a bumper off job?

R26
just seen you have a cup after replying to your PM stu, run the caf across the front of the car like markcup has done.

Cant run it across the front, theres no room. Mines a 182 cup remember :)

Think im best off taking this route :

DSCF0677.jpg

Just need some ducting now...

Qashcow
it will fit if you remove the fuel rail guard.

but you will burn if you crash...

edit: of course it wont fit, still got AC crap in the way hasnt it

R26
it will fit if you remove the fuel rail guard.

but you will burn if you crash...

edit: of course it wont fit, still got AC crap in the way hasnt it

Not sure if that sounds a good idea, is it easy to remove like, im no mechanic :) Im taking the car round to my dads mate on the weekend to get my oils changed (he works for renault) so i could get him to do it, going to ask him to take my acoustic valve off for me while hes at it..

edit : just seen your edit, i was thinking that... :D

Last edited:
  Qashcow
it's 2 nuts to take it off, so easy as pie. the a/c is the only concern, cant remember what it looks like

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Because in reality the std airbox is more than sufficient...

What did you gain out of curiousity?

Qashcow
i know its cheating a bit lol, but....

made 172.4bhp when i got the car on piperx carbon air filter crap thing and ktec exhaust

then with V6 airbox, ITG filter, matched inlets and samco 90' bend, on the same rolling road it made 192.5bhp

it certainly revved easier and made some kind of difference

Insignia SRi
My car made 161hp in standard form, once id added matched inlets, ktec supersports exhaust, rs tuner remap and v6 air box i made 171hp, not bad for a N/A car. The torque curve is so much smoother and it held peak power for longer with the mods.

2002 Clio 172
I’ve read on the trophy forums that I may need the Ph1 bracket that runs from just behind the battery to the front of the car in order to hold the box in place. Is this true? I can’t see anyone here doing this. Just looks as though it’s bolted to the elbow. Has anyone had problems with it being dislodged from hard accelerating?

Qashcow
if using a samco hose, this is by far strong enough to hold it in place so long as you use jubilee clips