ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 airbox with ITG panel filter for 182.

Qashcow
bracket is extra, but i dont have one as it doesnt fit 100% to the bracket hole anyway and is pretty solid

BLACK GOLD 182
im with quade on this one, definaltly extra noise but i also gained power from it over the pipercross viper. assuming the matched inlets gave me 10bhp, the v6 airbox and samco 90' bend gave me 8bhp

DSC00466.gif

what shall i paint my manifold and the RS logo with, send a private message plz :) wnat it black and white writing kinda like this

Golf GTD Mk7
i'm in the process of getting one. was the airbox on all the v6 models? presumably its the 1998 shape?

Qashcow
Renault Part Codes...

V6 airbox 7700 260 096 (comes with std filter)

rubber strap 7700 267 902

Merlin Motorsport Part Code...

ITG Filter for airbox BH-203

Qashcow
Renault Part Codes...

Merlin Motorsport Part Codes...

ITG Filter for airbox BH-203

102mm Air Ducting REV-BLK102

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
Tried a breakers yard tonight. They wanted 55quid delivered for it. May as well get it direct with trade discount.

i dont get trade and the v6 are not a usual thing in a breaker by me

Last edited:
  Golf GTD Mk7
Renault Part Codes...

Rang wigan renault today. Guy didn't seem to be able to find them very easily. Anyways,

7700 260 096 £56.15 plus VAT

7700 267 902 £7.26 plus VAT

For some reason the system was saying that the airbox was from a R25? :S

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
Rang wigan renault today. Guy didn't seem to be able to find them very easily. Anyways,

same as what i was quoted

RS RIP

the Renault 25 also has a v6 model, i think this filterbox is the one they later used for the Espace to cut production-costs

Good to hear about the R25 ; makes thing simpler when looking around / calling brokers+scrappies :)

Alper ; you reading this !?

Qashcow
holds the airbox to the car/battery part. in the pics i posted of my engine, you can see where the strap should go around but i dont have one fitted. with the 90degree bend, it doesnt fit anyway

ClioSport 172 Cup
I`ve been quoted £65 inc vat at Renault Sutton park in burton upon trent.
The guy couldn`t tell me what year vehicle or engine it was for when i gave him the part number! lol
He said it just says box and filter for Renault espace and R25.
Also are there any noticeable gains over replacing the standard filter in this box with the ITG one?

ClioSport 172 Cup
I know, but i mean obviously there will be gains from ditching my phase 2 box and installing this V6 one, BUT are there any further gains in replacing the standard V6 airbox filter with an ITG filter?? Or is that a waste of money?

Samuel

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I've got no strap or bracket holding mine in place, it's just bolted to the end of the elbow, and then has the cable tied CAF attached to it.

IMAGE_055.jpg

The size of it meant it was a snug enough fit to do without any support at all.

IMAGE_057.jpg

Golf GTD Mk7
I know, but i mean obviously there will be gains from ditching my phase 2 box and installing this V6 one, BUT are there any further gains in replacing the standard V6 airbox filter with an ITG filter?? Or is that a waste of money?

Samuel

Better filter will make marginal difference, but again you'll not really notice it when driving. RR might show it up - 1bhp or something. Better filters can be cleaned though, so its an investment. I'm pondering over the ktec or the ITG myself.

Golf GTD Mk7
I've got no strap or bracket holding mine in place, it's just bolted to the end of the elbow, and then has the cable tied CAF attached to it.

IMAGE_055.jpg

The size of it meant it was a snug enough fit to do without any support at all.

IMAGE_057.jpg

You had to remove the fuel rail guard mate? Have you used the standard ph2 elbow? or is that the elbow off the v6?

PH1 172 Sport
You had to remove the fuel rail guard mate? Have you used the standard ph2 elbow? or is that the elbow off the v6?

You dont have to run the CAF as Mark has. It can be run the other way down into the passenger wheel arch or lower grill. I'm not sure about the elbow as ive got a PH1 and the stock elbow is shorter, so fits it perfectly.

Golf GTD Mk7
Looks like a different elbow to my 182 one. still undecided where i'm going to run my CAF. Need to take off the bumper and assess where to run one. Thinking upper grill, but not sure if its possible.

ClioSport 172 Cup
Yeh upper grill is too tight, the front of this car seems to be all radiator and a silly shaped plastic grill!
I have done a battery relocation on mine so i run my filters straight off the TB, i will probably pipe it down to my wheel arch as per my BMC CDA.

Black Clio 182
so would you recommend this to be done on a 182 over the standard box and aftermarket filter?

or would i be better just getting a proper aftermarket induction/air filter?

Golf GTD Mk7
Think it's arguable mate. Unless someone runs lots of different ones on a roller to see which is best we will never know :)

Black Gold Trophy
I watched MarkCup with his on surrey rolling roads rollers and when the CAF was removed it made a difference of like 5bhp or something similar

Ph1
i had a pipercross viper induction kit on my 172. made 174bhp. then swapped it for a V6 airbox with ITG panel and matched inlets, re-did the pipe work into the filter and made 192bhp. the matched inlets dont make 18bhp thats for sure....

same rollers too

192 bhp with inlets, V6 air box and some pipe messing?? okkkkkk :S