ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V6 airbox - no clips. What to do ?

As in title, I have recently bought V6 airbox, which has no retaining clips. There is no chance of getting them seperately, so I am looking for another solution. Anyone came across such issue before ?

Any chance to use screws to retaing to halves of the box, as it is in ph2 172/182 ?

I know, but here in Poland V6 boxes as well as PH1 boxes are quite rare, so that's not going to happen.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
You could buy some clips that are called 'over centre clips' and attach them to the airbox with rivets?
http://www.protex.com/toggle-latches

Here's how my maxi evo Carbon airbox is held together.
image.png
It's a cheap and cost effective solution.

Thanks, looks like decent solution !. Is there necesseity for additional sealing of rivets, so there would be no airleaks ?

For the time being it will be zip ties ;) another quick question - should there by any form of seal between two pieces of airbox ? Or does it seal just by holding them together ? In ph2 box the airfilter was used as seal.

It seals internally mate on the air filter element.

Thanks !
All fitted now, that's how I did it :) I have drilled small holes in upper part of the box, in the locations where original clips supposed to be attached. Then I have run zip ties through drilled holes, and the holes for the clips in the lower part. Maybe it is not completely OEM, but I guess it is ok compared to running zip ties across whole box ! :) with ties being black it is not so apparent in the engine bay. Also the integrity of the box is intact, in case I will come across original clips at some point (which I highly doubt ;) ).

One last question - my airbox came with original CAF from Espace, which has quite strange design. It is 100mm or so at the exit from the airbox, then i narrows down across it's lenght to approx. 50mm diameter at the end, similar to shape of cone. Any specific reason why it look like this, compared to fixed diameter at whole lenght ? Should I fit or rather buy DIY duct ?

Cheers !

Attachments

• IMG_20160206_120211426.jpg
    IMG_20160206_120211426.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 66

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The simplest solutions are usually the best.

There's a vent in the grill that channels air directly into the space where the V6's opening sits, which is why I don't run a CAF on my V6 box.

That's what I initially thought, but inlet temp readings are a bit high compared to airbox from ph2/ph3, and I think that CAF could help.