ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V power

I find Total Excellium worth a squirt.

They claim an extra 30 miles over pish.

Last edited:
  A Beautiful R32
^ditto that... I found Total and Esso premium give my car a really smooth mid range. Not overly impressed by V Power. I normally get tesco 98 though...

iceberg 172 cup
Anyone tried Tesco 99 octane, I think it has bio-ethanol in it to bump up the octane rating, my car seems to like it not noticed any difference between it and V-Power.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi
^ditto that... I found Total and Esso premium give my car a really smooth mid range. Not overly impressed by V Power. I normally get tesco 98 though...

Buy Tesco fuel at your peril. There's a reason that stuff is cheaper than the branded fuels. It's crap! It doesn't have the necessary additives, and in another 20,000 miles you'll know about it. Stay away from supermarket fuel.:nono:

Clio 197
i always use v-power in my 1.2, makes the tick over a lot better and the engine quieter, also helps keep the wheels cleaner.
???

Yeah I'm not too sure about that either, my wheels are dirty lol

These threads make me want to cut myself

knife.gif

I'm sure this one will do the job :lolup:

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
i used v power today for the 1st time since getting my 182 a week ago, had 3 lots of normal unleaded in previously (shell and bp) and ive been getting 175miles per £20 which i thought was really good!
put the v power in this morning and the petrol seems to be going down so fast!!! cant see it getting more mpg to be honest!

A Beautiful R32

Buy Tesco fuel at your peril. There's a reason that stuff is cheaper than the branded fuels. It's crap! It doesn't have the necessary additives, and in another 20,000 miles you'll know about it. Stay away from supermarket fuel.:nono:

That's a myth mate... there basically the same fuels as the stuff sold in BP, Shell, Texaco etc garages... There was some bloke on here a while ago that worked for the oil refineries who confessed that it was all the same just branded differently. The problem with the recent tesco fuel in the south east was silicone in the fuel.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Seems like there's alot of chemical engineers in here , lol . Do people really think that supermarkets really refine their own petrol ? As said above , its the same stuff you'll find at your popular high street petrol stations . They just buy it from the refineries and sell its as " their own " .

Scirocco GT 210
When I use V Power the car is sooooo much faster, I do an extra 10mpg, the air con works better, the car's value doubles and all the creaks & rattles stop.

Meh, I can dream! Car is exactly the same whatever I put in it. Wouldn't be surprised if all the petrol pumps were connected to the same underground tank lol.

Less
When I use V Power the car is sooooo much faster, I do an extra 10mpg, the air con works better, the car's value doubles and all the creaks & rattles stop.

Meh, I can dream! Car is exactly the same whatever I put in it. Wouldn't be surprised if all the petrol pumps were connected to the same underground tank lol.

you may joke, but there was a terroist plot not long ago to blow up the main pipelines feeding JFK in NY... those pipes go under alot of peoples houses! scary stuff

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
Asda 95 versus V-Power.......not much in it for day-to-day driving but the cost

id go with that too! i havent noticed any differences in the responsiveness etc and i bet i wont get my 36mpg thats been showing since the start of weekend!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
sainsburys premium for me all the way. only cos it is local for me.

i second the cutting re ralph wiggum's post.

Monaro VXR/Cupra TDi

That's a myth mate... there basically the same fuels as the stuff sold in BP, Shell, Texaco etc garages... There was some bloke on here a while ago that worked for the oil refineries who confessed that it was all the same just branded differently. The problem with the recent tesco fuel in the south east was silicone in the fuel.

Not so. I have a friend who works in a refinery. The Supermarket fuel isn't of the same grade and is sold cheaper due to it's quality not being quite as good. The main oil producers refine it, sell it to the supermarkets though it isn't as good as their braded product. Same as Heinz beans. The cheaper supermarket version is made by Heinz but not as good, hence the price difference.

In usual average cars it doesn't make so much of a difference. These aren't average, nor are they usual.

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Not so. I have a friend who works in a refinery. The Supermarket fuel isn't of the same grade and is sold cheaper due to it's quality not being quite as good. The main oil producers refine it, sell it to the supermarkets though it isn't as good as their braded product. Same as Heinz beans. The cheaper supermarket version is made by Heinz but not as good, hence the price difference.

In usual average cars it doesn't make so much of a difference. These aren't average, nor are they usual.

lol, LOL and LOLZ!!!1!11!!