ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

V power

clio 182 04
Any body notice any difference when useing V Power or High Octane fuel? Does it make it more responseive or owt?

106 GTi
Worth doing a search, mixed opinions and discussed a lot on here in the past. At the end of the day the fuel filler flap says Super so give it just that.

172cup
loads of people have asked the question (without being dismissive).

... personally... i'd use nothing but 97octane+

Leon Cupra 300
I'll only use V-Power in mine, find it makes it quite a bit more lively on small throttle openings at low revs.

Also improves fuel economy and cleans your engine, so worth it.

Hyundai i40
must say i try my best to get vpower in the 172......alot of difference on the revs and the engine seems a bit lumpy on normal unleaded......

as above it cleans the enginen and somehow lasts longer

Clio 197
who prefered optimax to vpower?

I used to run my old W reg 1.6 8V RXE clio on Optimax but then when it changed to V-Power it wouldn't run properly so I had to use normal unleaded in it. The 197 loves V-Power though

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
if i use anything else but v-power my exhaust monitor light comes on so it seems to work better in my car. As said above th engine feels a bit lumpy if i use anything else. The only other fuel i would consider using is bp ultimate!!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
i always use v-power in my 1.2, makes the tick over a lot better and the engine quieter, also helps keep the wheels cleaner.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
would it be worth using it in my 1.4 mk1? she coughs and splutters from cold starting and occasionally warm starting, anyone think its worth seeing what a tank of v-power will do or am i wasting my money?

Leon Cupra 300
I reckon to get an extra 20 miles out of a tank in mine and it feels plenty more responsive, i'd try a tank in your 1 point whatevers to see for yourselves :D

It won't have any affect on you car at all.
just cos shes old?

It's because it's not meant to run that high an octane fuel, it will be designed for 95 ron fuel (normal fuel) so the extra octane fuell will be a waste.

Tbh if it is a bit reluctant to start etc, your best off (or getting some one) to check the spark plugs, leads & distributor cap etc, if they are a bit past it i'd get them replaced.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
just cos shes old?

It's because it's not meant to run that high an octane fuel, it will be designed for 95 ron fuel (normal fuel) so the extra octane fuell will be a waste.

Tbh if it is a bit reluctant to start etc, your best off (or getting some one) to check the spark plugs, leads & distributor cap etc, if they are a bit past it i'd get them replaced.

dads done all that when he did the fan belt, its good having a techy for an old man :)
thanx anyway!

182 Clio
i run on bp 97 super normal unleaded runs poor my mate lives near maidstone he said theres a bp that sell 102 octane at £2.42 per litre anyone seen this?????

ph1 172 Black
Heard some places sell fuel with +100 octane but 2.42 a litre!!!!!!!

I get BP Ultimate and it's 0.99. Went to another BP other day and it was 1.039 and I thought that was expensive!

MINI JCW
I always used Optimax/Vpower where possible, the few times I didnt I could notice any difference in performance but the MPG seemed to drop so I think the extra cost is returned in more miles, plus it cleans your engine.

Renault Clio 182 Cup
aha so u prefer better petrol then....hm i run at basic unleaded 95 and i have never tried with higher octances. will it make any differents when i pump it to my 182 cup ??

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
When i had my 172 i used to use whatever and noticed a difference on shell optimax.More responsive and all that....

With my 182 i used it from birth...

ian

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Tescos 95 RON for me, car feels no different at all with V Power bar an extra mpg or two.

Still, when I knew I was going to an RR I ran it on V Power for a month before just to be sure :p Straight back to Tescos own afterwards lol.

Chelsea tractor
i always use v-power in my 1.2, makes the tick over a lot better and the engine quieter, also helps keep the wheels cleaner.
???

I get about 30 miles difference in a tank of petrol between V-power and your bog-standard stuff. Never bothered to work out whether it's more cost effective to use the expensive stuff but at a guess (being 10p/L more expensive) I'd say it wasn't ;)