ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Using C2v 3

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
going to try it for the first time today, any tips on application?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Use very little, a single spray on a panel is all that is needed to coat it, bar the bonnet or roof that may need a little more.

Other than that it's simple, one of the easiest products you'll ever use.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I tried this product last week. I think i left it too long to wipe off. Is it a case of

Apply with cloth or applicator spong
And remove with a cloth asap?

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
Just like a quick detailer, spray, wipe, remove with clean microfiber - don't leave it to cure like a wax

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers. I clean the car in work and got distrected last week, it was a mare to remove lol

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah kind of an obvious question lol, just checking.

I take it it's a b**ch to remove if it dries out then?

Honda & VW
Used for the first time yesterday, whilst doing the bonnet my wife came out with our baby which distracted me a few minutes. It had cured a little so with this is mind I did the rest of the car without distraction and its a doddle

Not a 320d
Damp cloth with water to remove marks.

Gally will call me a r****d but I have trouble with mine every time I apply it. I work with two cloths. one to spread, one to 'buff'.

Not even a pannel at a time. Probably 3 foot area.

Arctic 182
Damp cloth with water to remove marks.

Gally will call me a r****d but I have trouble with mine every time I apply it. I work with two cloths. one to spread, one to 'buff'.

Not even a pannel at a time. Probably 3 foot area.

Glad you mentioned the 2 cloths mate! How long do you leave it before buffing? I know not to let it 'cure' but are we talking spread & buff strait away or few seconds?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
My friend had it streak on him on his black 330d and he wasn't over applying or leaving it to cure. Sprayed once onto a panel, spread around with one MF and instantly buffed off with a 2nd. I can only put it down to the air and panel temps

A 2nd wipe down after we'd finished and it was fine, but then he loved the finish of the QD so the whole car got another wipe down

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Of course you use 2 cloths or turn the one cloth.

I literally have no idea how you can mess the application part up. It's a spray sealant. Wipe on wipe off.

Arctic 182
Lovely, thanks for the info guys. Just want to make the most of it! Gonna have to wait until Tuesday to get stuck in though.

Not a 320d
Of course you use 2 cloths or turn the one cloth.

I literally have no idea how you can mess the application part up. It's a spray sealant. Wipe on wipe off.

No s**t. Something is obviously wrong.

Im applying in shade too. The pannel temps have not been OTT, especially considering they had cold water run over them during the wash stage.

C1.5 never gave this problem.

But this does. It dries real quick too.

If it werent for the lack of gloss and poor finish Id stick with the sonax QD.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How can it dry? You spray it on, it's wet, wipe it over then remove.

No s**t. Something is obviously wrong.

Im applying in shade too. The pannel temps have not been OTT, especially considering they had cold water run over them during the wash stage.

C1.5 never gave this problem.

But this does. It dries real quick too.

If it werent for the lack of gloss and poor finish Id stick with the sonax QD.

They shouldn't be anywhere near OTT. The panels should be cool. If they are even mildly warm it will affect the application of most spray sealants, C2V3 included. I have my theories that this is where people are going wrong with black being the worst colour for heating up quickly in the Sun.

Suzuki Ignis Sport
What about people that don't have anywhere indoor they can apply? Is there no way you can apply this in a slight bit of sun? Mine seems to smear a lot, but it's just because my panels are warm!

What about people that don't have anywhere indoor they can apply? Is there no way you can apply this in a slight bit of sun? Mine seems to smear a lot, but it's just because my panels are warm!

I did it during the heat wave, because I did it at night. Cool enough not to cause panel temp issues, dry enough due to the heat wave. Bingo.

Not a 320d
They shouldn't be anywhere near OTT. The panels should be cool. If they are even mildly warm it will affect the application of most spray sealants, C2V3 included. I have my theories that this is where people are going wrong with black being the worst colour for heating up quickly in the Sun.

It wasnt even warm though. It was in the shade. It was also post washing so had a good rinse down with teh pressure washer.

Im not saying its a s**t product either. It just f***s up when I use it on my car. No one elses has a problem in my family.

It wasnt even warm though. It was in the shade. It was also post washing so had a good rinse down with teh pressure washer.

Im not saying its a s**t product either. It just f**ks up when I use it on my car. No one elses has a problem in my family.

I still think it is to do with darker shades that retain heat. I struggle to see what else it could be. That and the fact that it shows up worse on darker cars, compounding the issue.

In not a fan of this product

You never like any product I recommend - starting to feel it's personal :p

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ha ha not at all mate. Ive used it twice now and both in the shade etc. It might work well on other colours, on my black car i find it to ne not so great.