ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Used 2011 Clio RS

2012 Clio RS 200
Hi guys,

I'm from Bahrain and this is my first thread in this forum. I have no experience with Renault at all. I just loved the car.

I found a 2011 RS 200 with almost 56K mile. It's a liquid yellow, very clean all around with some minor dents.

Before buying the car,

What should I know about it?
Any specific things should I know/check?
What good questions I can ask the seller?

Your prompt response to my questions will be a big help. Any suggestions and recommendations are highly welcomed.

Regards,
Mak

GTD, Lupo
I would check to see if it has had the gearbox replaced as this seems to be the Achilles heels for the 200s. Other things to check for would be service history and just the general condition of the car, seats bolsters, tyres...

It should be due it's belts in a couple of years or 16k miles (what ever comes first) so maybe use that as a bartering point.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
It should be due it's belts in a couple of years or 16k miles (what ever comes first) so maybe use that as a bartering point.

I'm not sure how something that isn't due for at least a year can be used as a bartering point. If it was overdue then yes, due in a few weeks ok but due in 3 years (it's 6 years on the 200) or 16,000 miles is just a part of owning the car. My service is due in September, I bought the car in Feb, should I have tried to get 60% of the cost of my next service knocked of the price?

2012 Clio RS 200
The mileage is already passed 16K mile and the car is 3 years old. Do I have to check the service history if the belt has been replaced or not?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
The mileage is already passed 16K mile and the car is 3 years old. Do I have to check the service history if the belt has been replaced or not?

Sorry - no. THe 16k we were referring to is until the car reaches 72k as the belts are due at 6 years or 72k whichever comes first.