ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

USB head units, which one?

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
Hi all, another what head unit thread sorry!
Im after a new stereo for my 03 plate 172, only requirements are music to be used mainly through a USB stick. Stalk controls retained and to be between £50-£80 including stalk adapter (£20-25 I believe)
best I've seen is a refurbished alpine cde 111r http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00315B1IG/?tag=cliospnet01-21

any suggestions, reviews or ideas welcome!

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
Hmmm goods good, true about cd's but nice to have anyway, the alpine above has both for similar price, the jvc doesn't seem to have any feature to 'sell it' to me

172 Cup

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
Might have to get one of these.bad boys then update the speakers. After 7 years I've realised the standard ones are crap

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Get Alpine, much much better, if can stretch Rockford Fosgate, they have the highest and lowest frequency outputs ( better range and sound quality )

172 Cup
Might have to get one of these.bad boys then update the speakers. After 7 years I've realised the standard ones are crap

Yeah my tweeters have started to fart a bit, so Im just in the process of redoing my speakers, makes the world of difference though

jakeg

ClioSport Club Member
  Rs Clio 172
Get Alpine, much much better, if can stretch Rockford Fosgate, they have the highest and lowest frequency outputs ( better range and sound quality )

Thats my thoughts, refurbished alpine is better than new pioneer/jvc etc. that pioneer looks good, put pushes the price over my budget, not really too fussed about iPod usage as I don't have one! iPhone use age seems to be above my price range, and cba with plugging cables in and out etc