ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 aerial...amplified?

Don’t know much about this sort of thing, can anyone confirm whether the standard aerial on my 182 is amplified or non-amplified? Have had a Sony headunit with DAB function fitted for ages now without ever sorting out the aerial etc to get the DAB working. I know of two ways that this can be sorted, using one of those window film aerials, or iv seen a splitter from Autoleads that can be used with your existing car aerial as long as it’s not amplified? Can’t find anything anywhere that says whether the mk2 clio’s is or isn’t though!

The aerial splitter from Autoleads below, just plugs into the back of the head unit

Autoleads PC6-536 DAB Radio Car Stereos Aerial Antenna Splitter for DAB Headunits Sony Kenwood Alpine Pioneer Blaupunkt Clarion Beat JVC Mutant https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00FRGBLIW/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I tried one of those plug in things with my alpine dab and couldn't receive any radio at all, even the fm went dead! I have a stick on ariel on the side window because I read the uv stuff on the windscreen affects it and it gets reception OK. Well until I drive off and then it loses signal and is patchy as fook. I listen to fm or my iPod now until I get around to fitting an amplified roof mount dab ariel. If this is the future of radio we're fooked[emoji23]

Bugger, sounds like too much hassle for me to bother with then at the moment, not keen on the look of those window aerial tbh. Looks like il just have to do make do with FM for now!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I found a roof nice on amazon that got good reviews but couldn't be bothered to rip all the trim out to fit it, maybe next year.