ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

urgent..locked out the car because of smoothed locks and dead battery....

clio 1.2 16v
got a annoying problem...i nedd to change my battery as its fully dead but as ive got smoothed locks i cant unlock it to get to the bonnet trigger! i can get my hand on the latch under the bonnet but it wont release:s

any ideas on either how to get in the car or to the battery?

Coat hanger and a long stick. The top of the passenger door will bend back enough to get it down the side.

Should be able to press the central locking button and hope you have enough juice left in the battery to open the doors

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Flol @ the epic fail situation.

However, its an easy one to get round, just jack it up, put a crocodile clip on the main positive wire to the starter, then use that to put on an external battery (and earth to anywere metal on the car or engine) then you can use the remote to open it normally.

metal coat hanger round the bonnet catch and pull towards you :)

h'actually you could do what I did when my dad locked my keys in my car.... if you pull the outer seal around the drivers window off there is a white clip on the regulator holding the window on... pull the clip off, then pull the bottom off the window off the regulator and slowly let your window all the way down, unlock your door from the inside and re-assemble window etc....

hope that helps mate

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
However, its an easy one to get round, just jack it up, put a crocodile clip on the main positive wire to the starter, then use that to put on an external battery (and earth to anywere metal on the car or engine) then you can use the remote to open it normally.

Thats a class idea!

330i. E30 Touring.
Amazing.

I had this on mine, sticky door handle.

Tied a bit of string to the inner handle so you could open from outside.. Not the most secure, lol

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Worked for me when I locked my keys in the car.

Yes but he has the keys and cant open it cause he has a flat battery is what people are saying, although I guess they are missing the fact that you said "if it has enough charge" and you are right to say that as it might be its got just enough charge to fire the solenoid but not enough for the alarm I guess, although it does seem very unlikely that would be the case.

ITB BG 182
Anyway on a serious note, if you peel the door back at the top, your risking it by pulling it too much and having a permanently bent door.

Removing the door seal and tampering with the regulator may work but god forbid you f**k up and need a new door, as with above. ^^

Your easiest way, crack the window on one side, buy a window from some one on here breaking their car in parts, fit new window yourself, job done.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Anyway on a serious note, if you peel the door back at the top, your risking it by pulling it too much and having a permanently bent door.

Removing the door seal and tampering with the regulator may work but god forbid you f**k up and need a new door, as with above. ^^

Your easiest way, crack the window on one side, buy a window from some one on here breaking their car in parts, fit new window yourself, job done.

How is that easier than just sticking a crocodile clip on the starter motor perm live and just opening it with the remote? lol

clio 1.2 16v
To all of those who have a had a laugh at this one..eat my turd im in and its all done...Thanks to the actually helpfull comments as they worked:)