ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help

PH1 172
Stuck waiting for the recovery truck on the m11

Coming onto the m11 I was accelerating and then suddenly the car was struggling for power, pulled over and engine cut out.

Aux belt still in tact, can't see cambelt properly..

Fluid sitting under the engine cover and down the front of the engine and now all over the floor :(

Can't smell anything as my nose is blocked but I think it's fuel??

Got no tools with me so can't get the engine cover off to see the fuel rail etc

Any help much appreciated and also does anyone know a good garage around this area (j6 m11 Epping I thunk it is) I can get towed to otherwise it's 26 miles to home

PH1 172
Just thought if I drop the car off there then I have no way of getting back home so I will get the car towed to home and go from there

Cabinfever thanks

PH1 172
After the recovery guy got there and I could use his tools I quickly whipped the engine cover to see that the little valve at the start of the fuel rail was open. The mechanic told me to turn the ignition to check and got a face full of fuel *whoops* after popping it back in again and holding down with a load of electrical tape I have driven it back home.

Now my question is, can I get replace just this part or do I need to replace the fuel rail?

Thanks again to guys who replied :)