ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help wanted !!!

Peddled device
Another member has just been to view my 182 Cup. I'm in China, so my friend and my brother are dealing with this for me. The battery died a few weeks back, so my brother brought a booster pack with him to start the car. But when they tried to start it the engine would turn over briefly and then stop. It did this every time. The battery is still connected, with the booster pack attached to give it power. But why won't the engine fire? I've owned the car for 8 years and it never failed to start at the first turn of the key. The viewer is keen on the car but he won't buy it unless it starts. Why won't it fire?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Another member has just been to view my 182 Cup. I'm in China, so my friend and my brother are dealing with this for me. The battery died a few weeks back, so my brother brought a booster pack with him to start the car. But when they tried to start it the engine would turn over briefly and then stop. It did this every time. The battery is still connected, with the booster pack attached to give it power. But why won't the engine fire? I've owned the car for 8 years and it never failed to start at the first turn of the key. The viewer is keen on the car but he won't buy it unless it starts. Why won't it fire?

Tried jump starting it? May be a faulty booster thingy?

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
IIRC when the battery is mullered and basically ready for the bin a small booster wont be sufficient to start the car....

s

SQ5
Battery 100%.

Had similar issue car would turn and not start every now and again. Changed battery and all good!

Peddled device
Tom has told me it may be that the key code has been 'lost' because the battery was flat for a while. Could it be this?

Peddled device
Ok. My brother can sort a new battery out on Tuesday, then I'll report back. Tom, I'm sure he'll call you once he's sorted it.

Thanks guys.

Megane 225 f1
Wouldn't have thought so.
It may well just as simple as the battery is totally knackered as previously said.
Could also be one of the 3 relays in the engine fuse box

Megane dci 130
You mind me asking why? Curiosity more than anything.

If it's helpful the immobiliser light never went out, albeit I didn't try what you suggested at the time.

In honesty, i dont overly know. Do it all the time at work after key programs, flat batteries, cars that have been left with batteries dissconected etc. Providing their isnt an actual fault with the car/battery, id be trying it first.

Peddled device
Nooooo...I did it from Beijing, it was very easy.

Me, to my brother "John, fit a new battery for Tom".

John "Ok".

Tom "Cheers guys".

Happy days :)