ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

urgent help required virus on computer!!!!

hiya guys got a big problem if someone could help me that would be great basically an adware company has placed a virus on my computer that basically does a free scan and says you need to buy our product to get rid of them and the errors seem to be in the registry i have full norton anti virus that does not pick anything up to delete and also a problem called pest patrol that again does not find anything what could this be i can see the bad file in the registry but how do i get to it to try and delete manually any help please asap would be appreciated cheers

Clio SI
hi have u tried to add/remove the software if that doesnt work then

start>run> type msconfig

then go down and tell us what is in there they will have snook a registry change into that, so all you have to do is manually get rid of tht adaware

VW ....
hmmm go to start/run ,type in msconfig & see if there is anything running there that shouldn't be ,u can disable & will also tell u where on comp the file is to delete .Don't delete anything your not sure of !

u could also see if anything is picked up by running Housecall

where the hell is regedit all i have is a box saying system config utility with the tabs general, system.ini, win.avi, boot.ini and services and startup? where is reg edit??

Dyson
Mine did this today for the 2nd time. Do the following and you should be ok.

Restart PC
Press F8 while starting up to start up in safe mode
Start menu > All programs > Accessories > System Tools > system restore
but PC back to a date before you got the virus.

Restart PC

Hopefully problem gone! ;)

Bumder With A Buffer
where the hell is regedit all i have is a box saying system config utility with the tabs general, system.ini, win.avi, boot.ini and services and startup? where is reg edit??

Sorry i thought u said u could see it in the registry.

If you go into start - run - (type) regedit. It pulls up registry for your pc. But deleting stuff of there will seriously harm ur pc unles u know what to delete.

A4 Avant & A3
does it put a little icon down by the clock, (a little question mark in a blue circle)? by any chance?
Which is telling you your pc is infected & sends you to their website?

Just a thought, as a mate of mine had this (and it sounds similar to your problem) was a pain to remove, but got there in the end!

hi everyone thank you so much for all your help was able to get into regedit and delete all the items and eveything is running excellent back to fast speed again yippy!! cheers guys thanks again you have all been great :)

bin fookin windows would be my advice!

you shouldnt have to put up with all this s**t and when its all running fine you still need 10 background processes running to prevent it happening again! lol!