ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT HELP NEEDED! HOW TO KEEP IGNITION ON!? CLIO 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Renault Clio 4 RS
Hi everyone,

So i'm in a bit of a mess at the minute. My car was booked into the garage this morning for a Remap. Everything was going well until the ignition decided to switch off....

How do I make the ignition on a Renault Clio Sport 200 EDC 2014 turn on and stay on without cutting out after a few minutes!! How do companies like KTEC bypass this!?

We've tried inserting the keycard and holding down the start/stop button for 10 seconds but nothing happens!

My car is still in the garage now, any help would be hugely appreciated thank you

EDIT: Please don't give me some response like 'They arn't that good then' etc.. Please, be my absolute guest as to do some research for me regarding bypassing the ignition cutout. It's really not as simple as you think.

Last edited:

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I wouldn't be asking this garage to tamper with your ECU if they aren't even able to bypass the ignition cutout or at least look up how to do it. I'd be collecting that car pronto and going to someone with more of an idea.

Leave the car in drive.

Renault Clio 4 RS
I wouldn't be asking this garage to tamper with your ECU if they aren't even able to bypass the ignition cutout or at least look up how to do it. I'd be collecting that car pronto and going to someone with more of an idea.

Leave the car in drive.
It's nothing to do with the garage. They've done hundreds of cars before, and have very good ratings. Just not a renault clio rs 2014 with a system that cuts the ignition every 2 minutes. We've looked up how to do it (hence the reason for posting here) but there's very little information online, other than various suggestions that didn't work. It's not as simple as you think...

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

Leave the car in drive.
Read carefully and the answer will reveal itself......

All sorted! It turns out you need to leave the car in drive rather than neutral/park
See above......

Status
Not open for further replies.