ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Urgent help, MOT fail!

Ph2 Clio 172
Being the idiot that I am I left my MOT last minute, everything went nice and smooth apart from CV boot that needs doing, came to do it today and my driveshaft just won't come out... and my MOT ran out today :(

SO urgently need to get this done, ive dismantled the general assembly, lower arm ball joint, 2 bolts on the carrier, 3 bolts holding carrier to block, DS is free at the hub end but refusing to move from the gear box end, have i missed anything?

Cheers

Ph2 Clio 172
Not that I noticed but by the time I'd got back from the test station the light wasnt the best, you mean behind the carrier?

172 Cup
Which driveshaft needs a new boot - n/s or o/s? If it's the n/s, make sure you drain the gearbox oil beforehand or else it'll pee out everywhere once you pull the driveshaft out.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Why would you remove the driveshaft completely to change the outer cv boot? I do them in place. Also I don't touch the lower arm, I unbolt the shock to hub and swing the shaft out that way.

Ph2 Clio 172
Why would you remove the driveshaft completely to change the outer cv boot? I do them in place. Also I don't touch the lower arm, I unbolt the shock to hub and swing the shaft out that way.

Lower arm was an advisory so changing that while I'm at it, and its inner and outer that need doing. Any help on removing the driveshaft, why it could be stuck?

Clio 197
what about those CV boots that are split and need gluing , this may be an easier option..just be careful with the grease or you will never get the glue to stick