ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

urgent help idea with front window wiper mechanism!! :(

172 turbo
After removing washer fluid bottle and putting wipers back on , have not been the same since, once in use they made a horrible sound hard to describe i left as i thought it was just the wiper blades worn, went to change today , not only scratched the windscreen but cracked, i need to use the clio for long distance and ive played around so much trying to get rid of this sound, after bending the arms slightly to make sure they were not scraping the sound is still there, i noticed looking at the splines that move on the motor 2 worked and one did not can any one help herE??

mk2 ph2 172 Flamer
have you installed the mechanism back properly? theres a small pin on which it needs to slide on otherwise they are giving proper weird sounds

172 exclusive
that pin is just below the motor ,there's a grommet in the panel a little grease on there helps. its easy to miss and you can still bolt down the mechanism .
whilst its out on the bench pop the operating arms off ,on the spindles (wiper arm side) theres a circlip. take it off then the washer then the oring (normally hidden in recess) you can then remove the spindle to clean and grease on reasembly .
apply a little grease in the socket of the arms on reasembly .

mick

172 turbo
that helps just wish pics as atm the sound sounds like creaking and blades dry on the windscreen even when pissing it down , so im sure its the mechanism ? how can you bolt down the mechnaism mate and it still make horrible sounds thanks?

Titanium 182
One of the splines isn't meant to move. The one furthest to the left (If you looking into the engine bay) it's just there to anchor the first wiper. Did you make sure to push down on the sprung bit of the wiper when you tightened them ? they kind of arch up a bit so you've got to push down on the arm slightly then tighten them.

172 turbo
hi ye i thought so only 2 rotate and one doesnt the left one, yeah i have tried everything ive pushed them tightly onto the spline however they dont go down fully onto the splines? if that normal and still this horrible sound i cant work out what it is tho, tempted buy 2nd hand one incase whole think bent, am i missing something i had the whole asem out a while ago and not been same since?

This has just happened to me.. Has anyone got anymore ideas what it could be? I'm thinking i just haven't got the left wiper (looking at the engine bay) on the splines straight and now it's touching? Or maybe it's just tightened down to much and now they touch the windscreen... Argh!