ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

URGENT 182 broken down Gorton manchester water lossed!

Clio 182 Titanium
Hi guys. As title just broke down. Was overheating so pulled over, coolant gone. Waited till cool, refilled and it's coming out nr water pump fairly swiftly. What is the most common failure here? Going to call RAC but they won't be able to fix. GUTTED

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Can only be the water pump if it coming out from around the belt area, see what rac advise, feel for you as it's not the best time to break down.

Clio 182 Titanium
Cheers guys, leaking at belt area , got car jacked up, but exact spot of leak hard to tell . It is by the looks of it, the water pump. How can it fail? Engine to pump seal? Very bad time to blow up, more info later

Clio 182 Titanium
just been brought back to rugby 120miles by flatbed from Manchester!
I'll diagnose the fault in the morning and then no doubt need some pointers from here to fix it.
Im guessing new waterpump, and aux belt kit whilst im there. will order up a new genuine waterpump and just get a gates aux belt kit i guess.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Broken down in Gorton?! Hyde road!? Nice place to break down!

Clio 182 Titanium
well the water pump was most certainly, very dead.
Its not the most fun job in the world, I now understand why timing belt changes cost £££ Took ages to get the water pump pulley off the car, just couldnt get enough space to get it out, and without taking it off the pump had no room to get out. I took loads of stuff off in the end. headlight, alternator, bumper, slam panel , carbon canister, engine mount, arch liners, wheels, engine cover, etc. still got to put the new renault pump and aux belt kit on and rebuild the car then good to go,
got abit of a worry about the timing belt now, the previous owner used a random garage to change it at 43k miles, its abit slack for my liking in between the cams, how much should it deflect?

what on earth is the weight for beneath the engine mount? can I loose it?
What is the carbon cannister for? mines abit smashed.
cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: