ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

UR Megane R26

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Has to be a 5 door 335i/d, has to be.

Don't mind how many doors, but I think I've definitely swayed towards either. Really like the Autovogue editions. Was looking at Range Rovers, but I don't think I'm c*nt enough.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks epic! Looked great on the move when I passed you in Jases polo by dobies the other day.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
<3 Some people can pull it off better than others ;)

Until I get a new house that warrants a parking place for a Range Rover, I'll stick to the lower stuff first.

Truth... I pull it off proper :rasp:

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Looks epic! Looked great on the move when I passed you in Jases polo by dobies the other day.

I had my little girl in the passenger seat so I was resisting opening it up on the bypass and instead went the scenic route home. That Polo was f*cking lovely.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Like the cf spoiler - where was that bought and for how much, if you don't mind me asking.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I had my little girl in the passenger seat so I was resisting opening it up on the bypass and instead went the scenic route home. That Polo was f*cking lovely.

Haha I was hoping you would open it up so I could hear it, but then Jase said you had your wee one in so I knew you wouldn't. Yeah its quite a cool wee bus that polo.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Quick update to this seeing as it seems to be UR R26 month on CS, and it's almost a year on for me and the R26.R.5. Quite an expensive last couple of months; Serviced, plate, MOT'd and 4 new tyres. All in around £1000.

Just hit 40k miles, too :cool:

Maybe I should buy a new camera because these images aren't the best, but iPhone shots will have to do:

10368155454_f726d027dc_c.jpg

10368193396_ed9af5a21d_c.jpg

10368385913_f2b3c4dd52_c.jpg

10368171044_2c995feebb_c.jpg

10368391243_0969466cd4_c.jpg

That's close. Very close.
10368182705_aed74693e9_c.jpg

10368193485_6e3a648d49_c.jpg

10368187235_440c02214b_c.jpg

Car has been fantastic since day one. Only a couple of niggly things which were sorted in the first couple of months (injector spat its dummy out and the drivers side window motor regulator gave up - both common faults).

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Looks fantastic as usual - the wheels utterly transform these. How do you find it to a Clio RS, Scutch x

The Clio was basically get in and have fun, but there was always the feeling and knowing it would run out of puff. Love them, that's why I had two, but the R26 just feels more grown up and safer. Solid thud closing the door, turbo whistle, mental induction noise and as you say, they actually look really great as a hot hatch. I hated the looks at first, but prefer it now to the newer models.

Yours looks tip top anyway mate. It's just making it yours now, so whether that means removing the decals, changing the wheels, carbon bonnet etc. all up to you. Great cars.

Wheels and springs, liking the decals for now. I just want to be like you though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Looks nice. I think the wheels look good - are they hard to get hold of?

Pretty much. They're R26.R alloys. Quite expensive too I think. If I ever sold the car (talking silly money), I'd sell as a complete package. It's also on R26.R suspension which isn't cheap either.

Looking to get an E46M soon, so the Megane would go in the garage for storing, but I have to say it's probably up there with my P1 for best overall car I've owned. It's been brilliant.