ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upper alloy Cam belt cover

Ex 182 owner
Left hand Engine bracket I know can come off ok. Can the upper alloy timing belt cover come off safely or like the rocker cover is it going to c**k anything up and can only be done with retiming the belts?

Cheers
Chris

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Left hand Engine bracket I know can come off ok. Can the upper alloy timing belt cover come off safely or like the rocker cover is it going to c**k anything up and can only be done with retiming the belts?

Cheers
Chris

You can remove it, but you'll need to support the engine as its bolted to the engine mount

Ex 182 owner
Cheers James,
Yeah , mount is coming off first as well. Just picked up some spares to clean up. Will do them now rather than waiting for cam time if it's possibl to do.

Wanted to do my camcover but that does c**k it all up... Engines used to be so much easier lol.