ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrade to Espace (2 Pot) Calipers

172/1.2/E30
Re: Upgrade to Espace (2 Pot) Calipers -> Wich discs ?

Ok, thats makes it official -> Mtec ones off my list.
There are also Zimmerman (German Quality) ones i only have to check what they cost and what the part number is.

Stay away from Zimmermann crap. They crack between the holes aswell. Not made for use with performance pads aswell.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport

Stay away from Zimmermann crap. They crack between the holes aswell. Not made for use with performance pads aswell.

Ok good thing i ordered the brembo's then :approve:. Allthough i always thought that Zimmerman was pretty high quality .....

Cup In bits

Seen this long time ago from Noos but decided against when I couldn't find good pads and also I think you might run in to issues with the offset of the disks, may need to space out calliper from hub. Good luck !

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport

Seen this long time ago from Noos but decided against when I couldn't find good pads and also I think you might run in to issues with the offset of the disks, may need to space out calliper from hub. Good luck !

Exactly i linked to his article in the 1st post. In his topic though its clearly mentioned that its a direct fit so im assuming it is, but if a few spacers are needed thats not a real issue ;). I'm aware that there aren't any realy high performance/track worthy pads, but this is only a concern if you track it or drive it like its stolen 24/7. I don't do both so for me some brembo discs/pads will be a major increase in stopping power and more than enough for some hard driving so now an then.

Last edited:

How you getting on with it smokey??

G172 can do brembo discs and pads for circa £130ish posted (uk)

George shall update and confirm prices.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport

The exact same setup (Brembo pads/discs) is on its way to me as we speak (should be here friday).
I can confirm if the pads fit that evening, fitment of the whole setup probably saturday.

Cool keep us updated. If all goes well i shall get ordering.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport

Sure will keep you guys up to date during the entire process.
The pads i ordered are these : http://bremboaftermarket.com/En/Car_Disc_Catalogue/Catalogue_Detail.aspx?ApplicationIDMaster=20336

Part number : P68026
610cca70-a812-4c2d-95ef-5745e7ed31deV1-600F800.jpg

According to several websites and brembo them selves these should be correct (dimensions are spot on aswell).

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me

That' the right pad part number for the mk3 Espace calipers.

Let uk know how you get on fitting everything when they arrive Smokey.

cheers

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

If my research was correct EBC also offer OE pads, Greenstuff and Redstuff pads. Also grooved discs etc.

Clio RS 2003

So let me get this straight... so far, the parts needed are:

* Espace MK4 caliper (codes: 6284-2/6285-2) > can be found on the 2.2dci engine
* Espace MK3 pads (?)
* Scenic MK2 discs (300x24) > can be found on 2.0 and 2.0 turbo

So.. the pads from the MK3 espace are compatible?

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport

So let me get this straight... so far, the parts needed are:

* Espace MK4 caliper (codes: 6284-2/6285-2) > can be found on the 2.2dci engine
* Espace MK3 pads (?)
* Scenic MK2 discs (300x24) > can be found on 2.0 and 2.0 turbo

So.. the pads from the MK3 espace are compatible?

You need the calipers of the mk3 espace, mine where from a 3.0 v6 but the dci should probably have the same.
Regarding the discs thats correct.

I cannot confirm the pads yet, i ordered them a few days ago and they are on its way now with delivery scheduled for friday (tomorrow).
But im pretty surtain that it should fit as there for the espace 3.0 v6 mk3 ;)

Clio RS 2003

You need the calipers of the mk3 espace, mine where from a 3.0 v6 but the dci should probably have the same.
Regarding the discs thats correct.

While talking to the local breakers, I received the same caliper code for the 2.2 or 3.0 dci MK4 Espace/GrandEspace.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport

If you guys want i can see if it fits with my spare tire (15" OZ f1) ?

Upgrade to Espace (2 Pot) Calipers -> Wich discs ?

I think you'll be pushing it with a 15". One with a strong offset might clear it, but with the weak offsets the Clios generally run then I doubt it.

Wheel design will also be key here, flat spokes are more likely to aid clearance than the concave designs.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1

Smokey if you could see if they fit under the 15" oz f1 that would be awesome! As i'm really interested in this but love my 15" oz's!

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport

Smokey if you could see if they fit under the 15" oz f1 that would be awesome! As i'm really interested in this but love my 15" oz's!

Ok will do, i have the standard oz f1 phase 1 spare tire. Good test because it got the most used offset on these cars.

Last edited:
  Clio 182

Some 15" wheels fit over the 308mm upgrade people put onto their Corsa Cs, all depends on the offset and design of the wheel.

Silver Clio 172 Phase 1

Well fingers crossed the OZ's will be ok then!!
As i know Jamsport do a 295mm 4 pot kit thats fine under 15" speedlines / oz's with no spacers etc

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO

Ill be looking to get the same setup if all is good and am running 16's so should be fine and ive already got prices from suppliers through work for calipers discs and pads to buy new

172 cup

Might hold on putting on my new brembo discs and pads unitl I see if this works. Syko, how much is this this setup coming up as new?

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO

Its only worth it new at my staff rate i recive as a normal trade its silly money

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport

The discs an pads are realy doable might even be cheaper than the normal parts 172/182 here in the netherlands ... lol
I asked some scrap yards for the prices on some used scenic 300mm discs.
They where asking for more than i payed for my 2 brand new brembo discs :eek:

@syko6288
I'm realy curious how much 1 caliper would cost in the normal trade ..... must be insane

Turbo 182 Alfa 159

If all is well used calipers will set me back 50 and another 50 for calipers refurbed via EBC which isn't too bad imo.

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO

Calipers - £95 each
Pads - £25 set
Discs - £120 pair

Total new - £335

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO

The ones through work are from a company called brake engineering but if im to be honest i would use georges pads and discs (brembo and cheaper for pair) and then calipers

172 cup

Smokey do you know if the calipers from an grand espace rxe v6 auto are the correct ones to do this??

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport

Smokey do you know if the calipers from an grand espace rxe v6 auto are the correct ones to do this??

Those might be the same aswell yes, ask them if there 2 pots if so there is a 9/10 chance there the same.
But always compare the part numbers on the calipers (just to be sure).

pat-t2phy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio trophy

Are spacers required when fitting with 16in wheels or will there be enough clearance between wheel and caliper?

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport

Are spacers required when fitting with 16in wheels or will there be enough clearance between wheel and caliper?

Thats all down to the offset of the wheel your using. I can shad some light on this after there mounted.

phase 2 172

Liking the sounds of this upgrade. Will watch with interest. Might try and source some myself.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport

I can't wait to put them on tomorrow, assuming the courier delivers the goods on time (scheduled for today) .......
At one of the pistons on my calipers there was a small hole in the dustcover (rubber surrounding the cilinder) i assume this is no problem ?
Cleaned it and closed it with some a-grade kit.
Im not an expert at this but i tink the cover is mainly there to stop the dust from coming in and protect the seal, can someone confirm this ?

A3 2.0TFSI QUATTRO

I think they are dust covers to protect the pistons but to make sure i would keep a close eye for leaks once all fitted

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Got a picture of the seal? You can normally nick those of lots of different brakes and they fit. So maybe even take on off your current setup?

Oh and really very nice work with this, is about time someone found a bolt on brake upgrade, the 106 boys etc have been doing it forever and we've been stuck in the dark ages.