ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgrade from my 1.2 16v

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Lookin on advice what to upgrade to from my 1.2? Looking for something as fun to drive but with abit more power and still the low insurance? Group 8 or lower, been looking around but its hard to find something as good...cant justify paying 3k on insurance for a sport :(

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
My 1.2's got loads of mods on but just getting bored of it lol, looked at the zetec but not drove one yet. Cheers.

DB.

BMW 440i
How about the 206 suggestion?

Much nicer cabin than the Clio, miss this on my old one.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Not looked at any 206's I'll have a ganda on autotrader. What they like to drive in comparison to the clio?

DB.

BMW 440i
Well i can only compare a 1.4 to my 182, so obviously the power difference is worse lol!

Handling was very good, I was always happy with my 206, less rattly as well. Just didn't like it being a 1.4!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Well i can only compare a 1.4 to my 182, so obviously the power difference is worse lol!

Handling was very good, I was always happy with my 206, less rattly as well. Just didn't like it being a 1.4!

ahh right lol :) hmm found a 1.6 hdi gti doesnt look too bad, not many good examples on auto trader !

2014 Clio 200t edc
Smart roadster FTW. Trust me I did it, and it was brilliant!! Upto 60mpg, cheap to ensure and rwd fun!

Pug have a deal on called just add petrol. You might not qualify for the insurance but £179 a month for a brand new 207, tax, servicing, insurance for 3 years.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Fiesta Zetec S. The MK5 I had was a fantastic car, I upgraded to it from my Dynamique a few years back. Only problem is finding one that's not been abused.

BlackGold 182
Get a mk5 fiesta Zetec s, I had one in imperial blue, great little car, good handling, I did 10k miles in 6 months and not one problem in that space of time either

C2 vts/vtr, vtr's are cheaper, same engine just vts is manual, vtr is sensodrive iirc.

VTR and GT is 110 bhp and the VTS 125 has different cams and a different inlet.

OP i'd highly recomend a C2 VTS or GT (VTR has gay gearbox). Awesome cars and great engine, I had one and loved it. Not as fast as my Cup but great fun. Cheap insurance and will leave most other 1.6's standing, apart from the Sax and 106.

Engine wise, with a good exhaust and good induction your looking at about 135-140bhp too.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
second hand there only around 2k more than a standard 500 with the same miles etc..

same difference as a clio really.