ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Unsilenced

'02 172
If i have an unsilenced centre section and decat would the system be noticably louder than if i had a silenced centre? basically do i need to warn the neighbours of some loud rumbles when i leave for work at 6am haha.

Its a KTR Ultra Performance System with decat

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Yes. It will be loud. My super sport + decat is loud enough! When I've got up early I've leapt off the drive pretty quickly ;-)

clio 172
Mine loves car alarms on my street sure that wakes em up lol...... even tho i try not to mean it :)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
It will be loud. I've just put a silenced centre section into mine (same system you have bought, except the decat) because it was epically failing track day noise tests, which kind of defeats having a track day car really. I personally think it now sounds more 'engine' and less 'exhaust' if that makes sense. Loud can mean chavvy in many cases.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
It will be loud. I've just put a silenced centre section into mine (same system you have bought, except the decat) because it was epically failing track day noise tests, which kind of defeats having a track day car really. I personally think it now sounds more 'engine' and less 'exhaust' if that makes sense. Loud can mean chavvy in many cases.

thats concerning... What was your setup mate? What limits did you fail? Cheers