ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Universal CV boots?

BurrrgundyPh1 banger
Needing a new CV boot, bad times.
just did a bit of surfing last night and saw a few universal CV boots aswell as some 'stretchy boots' and 'split boots' which dont require dismantling your drive shaft etc, ive only recently started tinkering with my car and would probably need help replacing the CV boot properly, was just wondering if anyone had tried one of these easy fit boots and how easy they really are to fit and if theyre actually any good in the first place.

thanks in advance :)

Suzuki Ignis
Just get a proper one, there only £12 or summat.

Its fairly easy to do. Depends what side it is? Passenger side will mean the gearbox oil coming out.

BurrrgundyPh1 banger
it is indeed the passenger side, was just interested to know if these stretchy and split ones are any good becaus it would save alot of messing about lol

Suzuki Ignis
Personally I wouldnt both with the stretch/split ones. I tried it and ended up getting a proper one a few days later.

Its just when you pull the shaft out, all the oils gunna come out to, so just get a clean bucket and fill it back up after.

I think I wrote a guide in someones post a few months ago, look through my posts if you can be arsed. I cant ;)

BurrrgundyPh1 banger
ok cheers matey, yeah ill have a scan through, if i cant find it ill probably just wing it lol, i can walk to work :cool: